• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What do you think of the 'New' EMS?

What do you think of the recent upgrades/changes to Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS)?

• The 'Catazine' and renovated stores are too much...too busy for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wasn't sure at first, but now find their brand items and stores more appealing.

• Same excellent gear, great warranty, and service...what's changed?

• I'm an LL Bean person.

• Didn't notice any changes.

• What's EMS?

• Total voters

ctenidae

Haven't been in EMS for a while, stoped by the Boston store yesterday. Can't say I noticed a layout difference (never been in the Boston one), but my impression of EMS used to be "Great to go buy a shirt, but if you really need something, go to REI." Not so much now- good selection of technical gear- had a long, rambling discussion of stoves that had my wife's eyes rolled back in her head (most emphatically NOT a gearhead), and picked up a pair of Merrell light hikers for $40. Can't beat that deal with a stick.
I'm glad they're swinging back technical. I've liked all teh EMS branded stuff I've ever had, but hated their not being a one-stop shop.

cbcbd

I like EMS... I haven't been shopping for actual gear in there for a while, but depending on the store they have adequate gear... still doesn't stop me from comparing prices with other stores, but there is no REI or Campmor store near me, so EMS is one of the few places I can just walk into and grab a bunch of things and flash my CC around.

Actually, I applied to work there part time last week :D we'll see if I get a call back... I could really use the discount.