• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is the North East's Craziest inbbounds territory? Do we have inbound killer area

MadMadWorld

This is the correct answer. People who are saying different things have never skied the slides. Is there anywhere else in the east (lift served) that occasionally requires you to have Avy gear and check in at the entrance? No? Then the question is answered.

Yea for "inbound killer area" I would have to agree. But I don't think it's the craziest terrain. It's just the most inbound avalanche prone terrain in the east.

DPhelan

entirely dependent on snowpack, IMO.

there are plenty of places out west that require avy gear because sketchy zones are accessible from the entrance, as well as mellow, easy zones. just an easy way to keep the people who shouldn't be anywhere near the sketchy zones from accessing them without being discriminatory.

C-Rex

Depending on the conditions and the line you choose, I'd say the Face Chutes at Jay can be pretty serious. I haven't ridden a lot of these other areas but they're all on the hit list.

C-Rex

I think the OP means legit, in bounds "no fall" zones with no go-around. True do or die type stuff. Trails that earn you an "Official Badass" badge.

goldsbar

I think the OP means legit, in bounds "no fall" zones with no go-around. True do or die type stuff. Trails that earn you an "Official Badass" badge.

Well that would make the answer easy. Nothing! Not in bounds. If there was, you'd hear about people dying all the time. Actually, the true answer is an intermediate or expert groomer with an intermediate that thinks there expert. Caught edge, tree, death.

Out of bounds or even in bounds you can always manufacture something. You could probably find some sick cliff in the Poconos with a nail the landing or hit a tree and die type of scenario.

Please, someone say K27 at Hunter. That's always worth a :-D

skithetrees

The peak of Stowe definitely has some no fall zones, but is not technically inbounds. Magic has some interesting stuff in the trees that can result in some injuries if you make a mistake.

skifree

When the snowfields at the loaf get glazed they can get hairy

White nitro can be a bitch at the end of the day

deadheadskier

Staff member