• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

JamaicaMan

You know how much your area's reputation was hurt this season when "Magic" is used to describe what Q Burke is now doing to some of its Facebook posters...#banning #deleting

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Do Work

I guess this has the implication that they are throwing in the towel on Black. They can't run it for inspection with no power and they were on some sort of deadline for the inspection.

Lol. I'm throwing in the towel on explaining this ad nauseum... They can run the pony motors to do all the fixes and run inspection when they have full power again. As much as it is silly that they let the power lapse in the summer, that's been a regular occurrence for over a decade fwiw. Whaaaaaatever.

I'm just going to say that I honestly hope that *any goddam party* can get TB/RL to open their fucking eyes and come to an agreement soon and this mountain changes hands so we can treat Magic with the care she deserves... Also so I don't go on an internet killing spree and cyber-bludgeon people for repeating dumb shit about things they clearly have no direct knowledge of, exacerbating confusion and panic when we already have plenty of both.

Cheers

MMP

Flags are specfuckintacular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Work

Dude, getting the power shut off is not good no matter how you slice it.

Thank you for repeating what I just said in different words. It's sort of like agreement, except you get to go home feeling even more awesome about yourself than you already do! :beer:

JoeB-Z

Talked with the state inspector. Good news, they are giving Black more time to be worked on this summer. So no "deadline".

PearlJam09

Website
www.leaveyourfeet.net
Looking forward to those two filing for more extensions, attempting to sell season passes so they can afford to fix things and do summer maintenance, nobody buying them, and them looking at each other like it was the other ones fault. Let's hope they come to their senses quickly and sell so that we don't have to put up with another year of their mismanagement.

benski

Looking forward to those two filing for more extensions, attempting to sell season passes so they can afford to fix things and do summer maintenance, nobody buying them, and them looking at each other like it was the other ones fault. Let's hope they come to their senses quickly and sell so that we don't have to put up with another year of their mismanagement.

They should sell passes for future years. Can't hurt to sell 2017/2018 passes at a slightly lower price than they intend to sell them early season next year, with he promise that the money goes to improvements and guaranteeing these pass holders the lowest rate. Worst thing that happens is nobody takes it or the passes go for slightly less than they would have had they waited till spring 2017 to sell them. If people take it they get more capital for this summer.

PearlJam09

Website
www.leaveyourfeet.net
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Any passholder from previous years that is considering a pass for the upcoming year can just mail their money to me. I guarantee you'll get more for your money than if you send it to TB/RL.

skifasttakechances

They should sell passes for future years. Can't hurt to sell 2017/2018 passes at a slightly lower price than they intend to sell them early season next year, with he promise that the money goes to improvements and guaranteeing these pass holders the lowest rate. Worst thing that happens is nobody takes it or the passes go for slightly less than they would have had they waited till spring 2017 to sell them. If people take it they get more capital for this summer.

For that matter ... sell lifetime passes? Seriously? Anyone buying a pass at Magic under this management, with their track record of incompetence, deserves whatever happens or more likely what doesn't happen! Foolish. And so sad.

JamaicaMan

Hard to sell passes if you don't even exist legally.

The Vermont Secretary of State site shows the business status of TB's ski area operating company (Magic Mountain Resorts) and RL's/TB's ski area ownership company (Magic Mountain Management) both as recently TERMINATED" as of this month.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

MEtoVTSkier

The Vermont Secretary of State site shows the business status of TB's ski area operating company (Magic Mountain Resorts) and RL's/TB's ski area ownership company (Magic Mountain Management) both as recently TERMINATED" as of this month.

Hopefully that means a major upcoming change...

lotsarocks

Well now that could be welcome information. I hope some ownership changes happen soon, before all other seasons passes go up in price. This mess has to end at some point.