• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What was your most memorable concert?

Philpug

I saw Queen in 83. 7th row on the floor. Awesome Show, Freddy Mercury was quite the showman. Billy Squire opened for them.

Phillycore

ok I'll bite... It's between a few though..

I went to see Public Enemy back when I was in high school (circa late 80's early 90's I'm bad with dates) for the Nation of Millions tour and I was one of 2 Caucasions who actually went. Had front row floor seats at the Spectrum (Philly, Pa.) and was nervous as all hell being there, but I was a huge PE fan at the time.. (still like them) During the concert Chuck D pointed me and my friend out and I almost shat myself thinking man I'm screwed.... but it ended up being completely the oppositte....he was completely cool and showed us respect for coming and supporting Rap music. Something that was pretty much unheard of back then... Something I'll never forget...

Philpug

Steely Dan for their first reunion concert in 96 was great

Robert Plant on his first solo tour. Phil Collins on drums.

Asia was an awesome show too.

Bowie on the Serious Moonlight Tour was fun

The Pretenders "Learning to Crawl" at the Tower Theater

Squeeze at The Mann

skidbump

Saw Van Halen at garden..dont remember it
Saw Aerosmith in Hartford...dont remember it
Saw Kansas in Hartford...dont remember it
Saw Ted Nugent at Lebanon vally...dont remember it
Think i saw Foghat at the Chance in Poughkeepsie... don't remember it.
Almost saw the Grateful dead but missed turn into city and said screw it.
Saw Jackson Browne at Saratogo...remember a tree that i was holding onto while i got sick
Saw Beach Boys at Saratogo...i remember that..

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
On the floor at the Centrum in Worcester for Nine Inch Nails in 1995. Insane show. Very physical experience. I barely remember the second half of the show and I wasn't even on anything... it was just sensory overload. I think PWEI opened that night. That was NIN at its self loathing best.

WoodCore

To many to list!! Regardless here's a few that come to mind...

JGB (Jerry Garcia Band) Rochester, NY 1993
Phish/Santana - Stowe, VT 1992
Phish - SUNY Potsdam 1991

Greg

Staff member
Van Halen, 2nd row at the Hartford Civic Center in 1991. It was my first concert and VH was my favorite band at the time. Alice in Chains, way before they were ever known, opened for them.

wa-loaf

Maria McKee in a smokey bar in Berlin 1989 right after the wall came down. Not especially because I'm a big fan (I did like Lone Justice), but because of the whole atmosphere of the time.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Lets see, where to start, I'm sure I'll miss plenty:

Deep Purple - Early 70s at the Felt Forum in NYC, one of the loudest and best shows I ever saw.

Queen - In the 70s, opened for Mott the Hoople on Broadway. Both were great, most memorable part of that show was Freddie Mercury doing "Hey Big Spender" as an encore

Bo Diddly - Meadowbrook in NJ. Unbelievable how a 60+ yr old could play rock.

Clash - Many times, but at Bonds Disco in NYC, they literally closed the place.

Ramones - All through the 70s at CBGB

Police - Their first show in the states, also CBGB

Talking Heads - CBGB

Plasmatics - Audition night, CBGB

Yellowman - SOBs in NYC

Led Zepplin - 70s, Madison Square Garden

ELP - 70s Roosevelt Stadium Jersey City, NJ

Trio - Ritz NYC (Da Da Da )

OK, sure I'll think of more, save them for later :)

Paul

Okay, MOST memorable, superlative. Instead of listing a buncha great concerts, I will try to decide on one. Hmmmm......

Tough call... Don't recall being sober enough to remember any of them too well...

The Who - Farewell tour # 2 - Foxboro Stadium - June 30 1989.

Coolest part was when it started raining at the end of the second set, when they played Love Reign O'er Me

Grassi21

first live show eve was def my most memorable. we were jr's in hs when we snuck down to nyc to see dave matthews and big head todd and the monsters at the roseland ballroom. john popper came out for a number with dave.

but i have to say rob zombie and korn in binghampton while i was in college was a pretty sick experience. zombies pyrotechnics and korns performance were unreal.

playoutside

So many to recall, but some oldies with good memories that come to mind:

1977 - Eagles, Heart and Little River Band at the Meadowlands...my first concert, too young to drive there and one of our nutty parents agreed to pick us up after the show...what a mob scene

1981 - Bruce Springsteen 4th row at the brand new Brendan Byrne Arena...nothing like seeing Bruce in NJ

1984/85 - Twisted Sister and Dokken at the Worcester Centrum...not really my kind of music, but hilarious seeing all the guys dressed like Dee Snyder including the hair

1987? - Bonnie Raitt on Boston Common

Last edited:

Mildcat

Ok, most people are naming big arena shows, those are the least memorable if not most disappointing shows for me.

My favorite shows, Pearl Jam at Axis right after Alive hit the radio. Just cool to say you some them back when...

Slayer at Avalon, for an encore they came out and did the whole Reign In Blood album from start to finish. During Raining Blood they had fake blood raining all over the band.

Motorhead at the Palladium. Had my nose broken in the pit, only time I've had my nose broken. Ahh memories. :lol:

Nashville Pussy at The Paradise. Didn't really know what to expect but they blew me away. Picture a band with the energy of ACDC in a little whole in the wall bar.

Henry Rollins and Keith Morris (I forget where :oops:) together playing Black Flag tunes. FuManchu opened up for them too. That was a great show.

Mildcat

For some slightly offensive humor, I always tell the younger people at work that I saw Def Leopard when the drummer had two arms and that I saw Great White and lived to tell about it.