• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What was your most memorable concert?

Philpug

Somewhere in my parents house are concert shirts from this show! Did you see it at the original Boston Garden?

!
No, saw it at the Spectrum in Philly.

Men at Work was a real fun show, The Fixx opened for them.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was also at the 94 Phish Great Woods Show where they played Gamehenge...awesome show...I remember the scene vividly with hordes of people mud sliding down the slope of the lawn area after a heavy downpour!!

!

Indeed a fantastic show. The weather made the narration all that much more mesmerizing.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Memorable means good or bad right?

Bad - Dream Theater, Old Bridge NJ 1999. Band is an hour late. After the first song, lead singer says "if you all came to hear Pull Me Under or any or our popular crap, you should just leave now". And so I did.

Off the beaten path, Rusted Root at William Paterson University great percussion.

Not sure if this counts as a concert, but The Nerds at Katmandu in Trenton was a very memorable night for me ;)

ComeBackMudPuddles

Van Halen, 2nd row at the Hartford Civic Center in 1991. It was my first concert and VH was my favorite band at the time. Alice in Chains, way before they were ever known, opened for them.

I saw this same show in Albany!

ComeBackMudPuddles

One more...U2 Elevation Tour, Albany, NY June 2nd 2001...Bono lost his voice and was really sick and asked the crowd on a number of occasions to help him. The crowd basically took Bono's place. He was so moved by it that he mentions what the Albany crowd did during the official tour video which was the Boston show a week later. Yes, for me there's U2 live then there's everything else.

I was at this same show! But, had crappy seats behind the stage.

ComeBackMudPuddles

The most memorable concert I attended was U2's Zoo TV Tour - Outside Broadcast at the Saratoga Raceway. I was 17 then and about to start senior year of high school....Not only was the show amazing, but, I was at the right age, I think, to experience "the greatest concert in my life". I still get the tingles thinking about it.

All in all, I've been lucky enough to see five U2 shows. The others were Popmart in Pittsburgh ("Pop" is a very underappreciated album), Elevation in Albany and MSG, and Vertigo in Paris (hearing 80,000 Frenchman sing Sunday Bloody Sunday in unison was both awesome and hilarious).

Dr Skimeister

I've been thinking about a reply for this. No doubt there are shows I can't recall at the moment.

Top 10?

1. Bruce Springsteen, Stanley Theater, Pittsburgh, PA, summer '78- 5th row, small theater, 4+ hours, never forget the first time
2. Dave Edmunds, Riverboat President, New Orleans, LA, spring '82-rocking riverboat on the Mississippi, open bar
3. The Clash, Bonds, NY, NY, summer '81?-3500 Clash fans in space for about 1500
4. The Who, Madison Square Garden, NY, NY, June '74-Keith Moon demolished his drum kit
5. Leo Kottke, Bodles Opera House, Chester, NY, spring '01-guitar genius on stage alone in a room holding maybe 150 people
6. Patti Smith, Montainlair Ballroom, Morgantown, WV, spring '76?-never foget this New York punk flopping around like a fish on the stage
7. R.E.M., The Bayou, Baton Rouge, LA, spring '83-knew the bouncer, one of maybe 50 people in the place
8. Santana (Aerosmith opening act), Charleston Civic Center, Charleston, WV, winter '75-Carlos at his prime
9. Allman Brothers Band (Blues Traveler opening act), Waterloo Village, Byram, NJ, summer '91
10. Norah Jones, The Fez, NY, NY, winter '02-subterranian room shook everytime subway pulled into station across the street, intimate performance to maybe 50 people

Warp Daddy

Since i'm teh oldest fart on teh board gotta do mine by Decades :D

1.-1960 Hell i was an infant BUT BILL Haley and the Comets at Utica Mem Aud -- GOOGLE them --TRUST me they WERE HUGE

2. The sixties early while in college Wilkes - Barre Pa The Beach Boys and the Sir Douglas Quintet ( a faux Brit group )

3.Late sixties when i startewd working at a college we had groups all the time fo

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I've been thinking about a reply for this. No doubt there are shows I can't recall at the moment.

Top 10?

1. Bruce Springsteen, Stanley Theater, Pittsburgh, PA, summer '78- 5th row, small theater, 4+ hours, never forget the first time
2. Dave Edmunds, Riverboat President, New Orleans, LA, spring '82-rocking riverboat on the Mississippi, open bar
3. The Clash, Bonds, NY, NY, summer '81?-3500 Clash fans in space for about 1500
4. The Who, Madison Square Garden, NY, NY, June '74-Keith Moon demolished his drum kit
5. Leo Kottke, Bodles Opera House, Chester, NY, spring '01-guitar genius on stage alone in a room holding maybe 150 people
6. Patti Smith, Montainlair Ballroom, Morgantown, WV, spring '76?-never foget this New York punk flopping around like a fish on the stage
7. R.E.M., The Bayou, Baton Rouge, LA, spring '83-knew the bouncer, one of maybe 50 people in the place
8. Santana (Aerosmith opening act), Charleston Civic Center, Charleston, WV, winter '75-Carlos at his prime
9. Allman Brothers Band (Blues Traveler opening act), Waterloo Village, Byram, NJ, summer '91
10. Norah Jones, The Fez, NY, NY, winter '02-subterranian room shook everytime subway pulled into station across the street, intimate performance to maybe 50 people

Clash at Bonds was awesome. Was that one freaky club or what? Musical stairs, creatures coming out of the ceiling, laser lights....

Warp Daddy

oops SCREWED UP HIT WRONG key

stuff from 70's at our college Fleetwood Mac , Boxtops , BS&T , ,
" " 80's """"""" forgot most of em they were all various hair bands pretty forgetable --LMAO
90's i quit going don't like rap so saw no point in going

However my favorite concert was freaky . it was in late 60's we had the Kingsman - the bastids showed up 4 hrs late for huge winter weekend concert at our college , They were SO friggin STONED they could hardily navigate and we damn near didn't let them perform .

They played for a crowd of 20,000 the nite before in DC and showed up for our small college with a sound set up for a crowd that size. Our enrollment at that time was UNDER a 1000 so the sound level made your ears bleed

But those SOBS put on a freakin show that was amazing for those times and in THEIR state of ALTERED reality :D

Dr Skimeister

Clash at Bonds was awesome. Was that one freaky club or what? Musical stairs, creatures coming out of the ceiling, laser lights....

That was indeed one of the most bizarre scenes I've ever been a part of. Junkies everywhere. Soooo many people.

frozencorn

Got to add a couple more...

Not sure how I forgot this one, but Phish, '00 at the Roseland. Stood in a line that wrapped around blocks of Manhattan the morning of the show. A buddy and I ended up getting two of the final three tickets. Best moment: Blasting into "It's Ice." Place went bonkers....Of course I don't even want to think about if there was a fire that night. You couldn't move a muscle.

SCI, Harborlights, Boston, '01. I realized they were legit that night. Great energy.

Dr Skimeister

Probably most memorable Clash show for me was at the Palladium, there first time in the state. Turned me into an instant Clash fan.

The Bonds show was my one-and-only for The Clash. I had tickets for the show at Shea where they were supposed to open for The Who, but the show got rained out.

I was in the Palladium twice (although I'm pretty sure it was still called "The Academy Of Music")-New Riders Of The Purple Sage, and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers/ Tommy Tutone.

Beetlenut

The Who with Keith Moon back in the 70's
Jethro Tull also back in the 70's
Weather Report with Jaco at a small venue in OK city
Chick Corea at a small venue at Dartmouth College
Heart at the Boston Music Hall
B-52's at the PPAC in Providence

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
The Bonds show was my one-and-only for The Clash. I had tickets for the show at Shea where they were supposed to open for The Who, but the show got rained out.

I was in the Palladium twice (although I'm pretty sure it was still called "The Academy Of Music")-New Riders Of The Purple Sage, and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers/ Tommy Tutone.

Almost forgot Acadamy of Music, saw some good ones there:

Foghat
Humble Pie
Savoy Brown

noski

Probably Rush, '02, Montreal. 5th row seat and it was my first concert. Awesome.

Me too- Rush at the old Montreal Forum, except it was 1979! What a light show it was. So much sound made by so few musicians is what really struck me.

PA Ridge Racer

frozencorn

As strange as it might seem to say now, after wanting them to go back to their roots, I sort of wish U2 was back in its glam-rock mode of the Achtung-Zooropa era. Not the Discotheque era, of course, but man, they were at the top of their game with the Zoo TV tour. Their new album is supposedly phenomonal though, so we shall see.

I get a kick out of the fact that before I was a kid..HipHop/Rap wasn't even around much..Rap is 3/4 of what I listen to..