• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which chailift(s) will NOT open by end of 2023-24 season ?

Which chailift(s) will NOT open by end of 2023-24 season ?

• Belleayre - Doppelmayr 4-CLF "Lift 7"

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Gore - Skytrac 4-CLF “Bear Cub”

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whiteface - Doppelmayr 4-CLD "The Notch"

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Magic - Poma Alpha Quad "Black Line" (refurbished lift from Stratton)

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • Berkshire East - Leitner-Poma 4-CLD "Summit"

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Middlebury Snowbowl - Skytrac 4-CLF “Sheehan”

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Loon - Doppelmayr 4-CLF “Timber Town”

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Attitash - Leitner-Poma 4-CLD "The Mountaineer"

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Sunday River - Doppelmayr 6-CLD-B "Barker 6"

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Sugarloaf - Doppelmayr 4-CLD "Bucksaw Express" (refurbished lift from Big Sky)

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Edd

I meant end of season - which of these will fail to spin this year
Not spinning all season seems unlikely. No vote here. Start of season it’d be Attitash for me, given Vail’s lack of concern for NH.

machski

Sorry, as mentioned in the other poll, only 10 choices allowed
I get it, but it is mostly likely to get finished but never spin this season. I don't think they have the trails done to the bottom terminal even yet. It will be like Merrill Hill #1. Installed for a season before it actually spins for guests.

IceEidolon

Per the Alpine Update, "Pfister has committed" to this fall. I am 100% certain that if they can make snow at the top of Red, they can make snow for Black. The load area is actually served by both systems.

Hawk

I get it, but it is mostly likely to get finished but never spin this season. I don't think they have the trails done to the bottom terminal even yet. It will be like Merrill Hill #1. Installed for a season before it actually spins for guests.
Mach, what is the story on the Barker 6? I heard that they might be starting the season with Jordan because it won't be ready for November?

Newpylong

I heard that too. Not to hijack the thread but what what is the significance of needing Barker for day 1? Can't they operate on Locke and then jump to North Peak/Spruce and just skip Barker until it's ready? Obviously lower elevation to get people down to South ridge but SR doesn't exactly benefit from high elevation to begin with.

thebigo

problem may be there is no easy way to get from spruce back to locke without crossing a construction zone. They could always go the other way, towards white cap after locke?

Andrew B.

I heard that too. Not to hijack the thread but what what is the significance of needing Barker for day 1? Can't they operate on Locke and then jump to North Peak/Spruce and just skip Barker until it's ready? Obviously lower elevation to get people down to South ridge but SR doesn't exactly benefit from high elevation to begin with.
It’s sounds like they will be down to the wire and if they are, they don’t want skiers mixing with construction crews in that small area of roads and parking up there not to mention the general area around the lodge.

I haven’t been up there but I bet the walking ramp on the west side of the lodge is likely a transport road and the stairs on the East side would put you right in the construction zone.

From my perspective of being on the business end of a couple of things like this the construction crew will be more productive if there are no tourons allowed in the area.

Newpylong

Thanks for the explanation. I forgot how close quarters it was between the pond, the lodge and Easy Street there.

machski

Mach, what is the story on the Barker 6? I heard that they might be starting the season with Jordan because it won't be ready for November?
That has been the rumor, especially considering they waited longer to start the process than last year over at Jordan. And the J8 got delayed a bit (granted they blamed weather and not enough snow down) as well. It could be an absolute S-show if they do given the lack of actual base facilities over there in Jordan. If they do J first, I hope the set up some type of remote CS either is n the hotel or with a trailer of some type in the parking area to help with passes, etc. Or plunk a trailer at the base of J8.

chuckstah

Definitely need some facilities out at Jordan if they go with it for early season. I found it to be quite the shitshow closing weekend last season. While the skiing was fine, logistics not so much. Everyone drinking and pissing in the lot, no facilities. At least get a handful of port a potties. Slog to the snow. No phone service for many as well. Not ideal. While stopping at South Ridge isn't terrible, having to go back if there's an issue would suck. Hopefully B6 is ready.....

Hawk

Why not start with locke like they usually do and then concentrate on South Ridge / Spruce to get the connection over to Aurora / Jordan? And/or Whitecap. Jordan start makes no sence at all.