• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which new 2023 chairlift will be first to open ?

Which new 2023 chairlift will be first to open ?

• Belleayre - Doppelmayr 4-CLF "Lift 7"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gore - Skytrac 4-CLF “Bear Cub”

• Whiteface - Doppelmayr 4-CLD "The Notch"

• Magic - Poma Alpha Quad "Black Line" (refurbished lift from Stratton)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Berkshire East - Leitner-Poma 4-CLD "Summit"

• Middlebury Snowbowl - Skytrac 4-CLF “Sheehan”

• Loon - Doppelmayr 4-CLF “Timber Town”

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Attitash - Leitner-Poma 4-CLD "The Mountaineer"

• Sunday River - Doppelmayr 6-CLD-B "Barker 6"

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Sugarloaf - Doppelmayr 4-CLD "Bucksaw Express" (refurbished lift from Big Sky)

• Total voters

drjeff

Yes Merrill should be excluded, never intended for this year.

Did Sugarloaf also chop back the West Mountain double this year as planned?
I'll see if I can get the 411 from my daughter who is up at the Loaf for College Regional Races today - Sunday. Not going to lie, I am jealous that she's going to get to try out the new terrain off Bucksaw Express before the vast majority of the general public will get to!

Newpylong

I saw something that the chairs aren't on West (not sure if chopped or still full length), so I guess it doesn't really matter as that lift isn't likely going to run this year if that's the case.

drjeff

Yes Merrill should be excluded, never intended for this year.

Did Sugarloaf also chop back the West Mountain double this year as planned?
Ok @Newpylong apparently my 20yr old daughter is blind. The condo she's staying at this weekend is literally right on the old West Mtn Double line... And per call with her about 30 min ago.. she's not sure if there are or aren't still chairs on the old West Mtn lift..

On the other side, she said a few of the new bucksaw trails are AWESOME on her 24 meter radius GS race skis!

JoeB-Z

Attitash is slated to open Mountaineer this Sunday at 8:30

That still leaves the Black at Magic, Bucksaw at The Loaf and Merril Hill at Sunday River to go.

Bucksaw is slated for around Pres Week, Merril is more of a real estate novelty lift, and will Magic get the Black spinning this year?
Looks like Wednesday for Magic. They were cycling it way into the dark today with everything complete. The irony is they don't need it Wednesday but I suspect they will run it.

flakeydog

Bucksaw did indeed open this weekend. You can see the top terminal from Bullwinkle's so it comes up that far. We sampled it on Sunday, took a trail down from there - big, super-wide trails, well groomed but fun for doing hero turns on nice snow. Grabbed the lift back up and crossed back to the main mountain. Fun stuff.