• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whiteface - 11/27/2005

Son of Drifter

What a great day for so early in the season. Partly sunny, good coverage, no winds and unfortunately no snow guns but more importantly no lines or really people for that matter. I did get to ski the new boots for the first time. Daddy likes. Some bad news though I broke HPD’s camera (by accident but the picture turned out nice) and I find out a buddy of mine has a broken foot and won’t be skiing until mid December. Oktoberfest and rock walls are NOT a good idea. I blame management. Warm temps and RAIN this week makes for a sorry SOD. DAMN YOU YOU WEAK OZONE LAYER. Damn you. :angry: :evil: :x

P.S. How do you post pictures in this crazy thing?[/img]

gores95

Re: Sunday

Son of Drifter said:
What a great day for so early in the season. Partly sunny, good coverage, no winds and unfortunately no snow guns but more importantly no lines or really people for that matter. I did get to ski the new boots for the first time. Daddy likes. Some bad news though I broke HPD’s camera (by accident but the picture turned out nice) and I find out a buddy of mine has a broken foot and won’t be skiing until mid December. Oktoberfest and rock walls are NOT a good idea. I blame management. Warm temps and RAIN this week makes for a sorry SOD. DAMN YOU YOU WEAK OZONE LAYER. Damn you. :angry: :evil: :x

You did not mention where you skied. I assume Whiteface??

AdironRider

Hey man Im new here but I was at Whiteface today. Stopped in on my way back to SLU to pick up my pass and take a few runs. The Mt was clouded over by the time I arrived around 1 but conditions remained good through 3 when I left. There were a few patches of ice but nothing to be concerned about. Brookside was filled with death cookies but skiable. I was impressed with the coverage and I came out without one knick to my new board. No crowds and enjoyed personal gondolas the whole time. Cant wait to hit it up next weekend.

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks for the report AdironRider, welcome to the forums!

SOD said:
P.S. How do you post pictures in this crazy thing?
Upload them to the gallery, then follow the directions in the BBCode FAQ in my sig...

Son of Drifter

Re: Sunday

gores95 said:
Son of Drifter said:

You did not mention where you skied. I assume Whiteface??

I meant for this to be a continuation of the Unoffical Whiteface Thread but messed that up. Still learning the ropes of posting in here.

freeheelwilly

Yesterday WAS nice at the Face. Bluebird in the AM, no crowds, good snow. Even found a little powder on Off Broadway (did they change the name of that trail to "Closed"? I thought that was what the sign said when I went by. Seems like kind of a silly name, doesn't it?).

Saw HPD and SOD which was cool. Next time we'll have to get a few runs in and the first round will be on me.

Warm up with NCP early this week but it looks like back to snowmaking temps by Wednesday night. Keeping the fingers crossed for next weekend.

Chatted a little with the Safety Enforcement guys hangin' at turn 3 on Excelsior. They seem pretty cool. I call them the "Men in Black".

Season's off to a good start. 5 days in already. I'll take it.

And SOD: Post those pics! How'd you break HPD's camera anyway?