• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's Open 2015-2016

dlague

Slidebrook wasn't running when I was there last year (don't think there was enough snow). I went up again late March and parked at lp and took Slidebrook. I hope they have it running mid week this year, it makes it so much easier

They are currently in better shape this year than last. Which is amazing considering the start of this season. Slidebrook was not open the weekend of January 10th and 11th when we were there last year.

rocks860

They are currently in better shape this year than last. Which is amazing considering the start of this season. Slidebrook was not open the weekend of January 10th and 11th when we were there last year.

I think I either started the week last year on the 10th or ended on the 10th. Either way I was there at the same time as you haha

cdskier

Still not necessarily that close to opening it this year. Although it is funny how I've somehow erased early January of last season from my memory. I remember the dumps in December and skiing a 100% open Mt Ellen on opening day there. And then I remember all the constant cold and mini snow events starting in January. I didn't remember the late December thaw at all.

dlague

Still not necessarily that close to opening it this year. Although it is funny how I've somehow erased early January of last season from my memory. I remember the dumps in December and skiing a 100% open Mt Ellen on opening day there. And then I remember all the constant cold and mini snow events starting in January. I didn't remember the late December thaw at all.

Yup wet end to December and the very start of January then it got cold. Sub zero temps last year on the 10th (without wind) and 11th (with wind).

chuckstah

Mad River officially opens tomorrow with the double and practice slope chairs. The single is not scheduled as of now. Wish I could make it.

rocks860

Mad River officially opens tomorrow with the double and practice slope chairs. The single is not scheduled as of now. Wish I could make it.

Don't know how sad is be that I couldn't make it, with this little snow it could be pretty rough

chuckstah

Don't know how sad is be that I couldn't make it, with this little snow it could be pretty rough

I love MRG opening days. It's usually the only chance to ride the trails bump free for the entire season. Once is enough for bump free runs though!

steamboat1

They have to be close to being able to open the single & Sunnyside. I skied Mt. Ellen Thurs & they had quite a few natural snow only trails open. Pretty decent cover on them too, no scratches on my skis.

cdskier

They have to be close to being able to open the single & Sunnyside. I skied Mt. Ellen Thurs & they had quite a few natural snow only trails open. Pretty decent cover on them too, no scratches on my skis.

I thought about going over to ME on Saturday, but just didn't feel like hopping on the bus and decided to stay at LP.

I got a couple nice scratches from Lower Paradise at Lincoln Peak. Overall still lots of fun though and a good day.

dlague

I thought about going over to ME on Saturday, but just didn't feel like hopping on the bus and decided to stay at LP.

I got a couple nice scratches from Lower Paradise at Lincoln Peak. Overall still lots of fun though and a good day.

I got nice scratches on Stein's, Sleeper Chute, Organgrinder one of those! On Mt Ellen side skiing was in real good shape. Liked the natural on FIS off Lower Rim Runner.

cdskier

I got nice scratches on Stein's, Sleeper Chute, Organgrinder one of those! On Mt Ellen side skiing was in real good shape. Liked the natural on FIS off Lower Rim Runner.

I couldn't believe how many people were on Stein's at various points during the day! On the ME side I've always really enjoyed Lower FIS. I've had some great runs there when others were already tracked out pretty good.

dlague

I couldn't believe how many people were on Stein's at various points during the day! On the ME side I've always really enjoyed Lower FIS. I've had some great runs there when others were already tracked out pretty good.

New skies that run before at Mt Ellen. It was a gift and no one was there.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1452563066.234473.jpg
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1452563097.957996.jpg

And it was snowing nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

chuckstah

Sunnyside reopens tomorrow, and the single opens for the season Friday. Very tempted to go Friday.