• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Reports?

soposkier

Havent seen any wildcat reports recently, anyone have an idea of how its holding up?

frozencorn

I was there last Friday. Tons of snow then. Not sure how it held up over the weekend though. It's at least been getting cold there overnight.

Damato

From WC Facebook page:

"Not gonna lie...our base snow is melting surprisingly fast and large areas of exposed ground can now be seen on many of our trails."

Major bummer.

Angus

yikes, planning on skiing there on Saturday. the thing I'm trying to decipher is the 41 trails still open. knowing how they close trails, it seems strange.

frozencorn

Wow, they lost a ton since last Friday. Their reports are suggesting that if you want some there....better move it. Hearing Sunday may very well be it for Sugarbush as well. Crazy.

Damato

Wildcat lost a sh**load of cover in the past week. Lots of bare spots all over. What is there is still good. Windy and cold Saturday with AM snow that tapered off ~lunch time. No accumulations.

skibumm100

Kitty

My son and I skied there on Sunday and the conditions were variable. The lower part of the mountain was very soft, deep corn....verging on slush in spots. Upper mountain was firmer and faster. It was overcast part of the day and very windy. Wind was ripping out of the west which made for a fairly pleasant ride up but a tougher ski down. I don't remember ever seeing clouds fly over a peak like that. A lot of bare spots showing and lots of big, funky bumps on the black diamond runs. It was better than I expected and they're shooting for the 19th as a closing date last time I checked. It never really got warm on Sunday, even when the sun was shining. It's supposed to warm up this week and the winds are supposed to die down so that won't help snow preservation. I have a condo booked at Attitash for the last week of April and was hoping I could ski at Wildcat but I don't think that's gonna happen. It looks like it will be an "earn your turns" week. FWIW, the John Sherburne ski trail is closed on the bottom as it was bare dirt as viewed from Wildcat. The GoS ski trail looked pretty cooked on the bottom, also.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Wow, they lost a ton since last Friday. Their reports are suggesting that if you want some there....better move it. Hearing Sunday may very well be it for Sugarbush as well. Crazy.

The Bush is not giving up just yet...open all week and this coming weekend.

According to reports, Wildcat will reopen this weekend.

Angus

skied at tucks yesterday, looks fine from a distance, closer up there are definitely holes and narrow avenues of snow especially at bottom. looks like it would be fun on a sunny, warm day not sure given this weekend's weather.

Angus

Wildcat Mountain is scheduled to open Saturday, April 17th, 2010 at 8:30am and operate 2 lifts including the Wildcat Express Summit Quad & Bobcat chairs weather/wind permitting. With up to 10 inches of new snow at higher elevations since Friday afternoon, conditions Saturday are projected to be a mix of powder/packed-powder with possible deeper drifts over older spring snow.

Damato

Wildcat rocked today! Lots of new snow, bumps every where. At least a foot +.

Angus

I asked the same question mid-week and was told "only if we get 3 feet of snow." so they've only got 24" to go!

Terry

Was at SR today and they got 8-10 inches at least. We were skiing stuff that was bare ground last weekend! It was sweet!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
They could get four feet this weekend but it won't matter. Most folks hung up their skiing equipment earlier than ever due to the weather. The Cat will do well this weekend but only because it is new snow and they will get some Inferno over flow. Base depths do not matter when it comes to pulling the plug on the season. Though everyone loves new snow.

Any ways, gotta bring the fat skis back downstairs for tomorrow. Hopefully the snow continues and they will be needed. If not, wintery bumps in April on the 8000s are just as fine.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I put the Loafs haul at about a foot last night into today. Was still snowing when I left.

Was soooo tempted to just grab a room and hit up again tomorrow. Best day of the year for me.