• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Will Okemo be crowded during days leading up to Christmas?

New Daddy

Will Okemo be crowded on December 22, 23, 24 and 25?
Reviewers almost invariably report that Okemo gets really crowded during Christmas vacation, but most reviews seem to be based on experiences between Christmas and New Year's Day.
How is it during the 3-4 days leading up to Christmas?
Okemo's condo rates go up from the 25th this year, so I'm also taking that as an indication that Okemo itself believes the crowd will start to throng on Christmas, which falls on Fri this year.
Any thoughts?

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Well, a good indicator is Okemo's holiday blackout days on their season passes that have restrictions.12/26(Sat) - 1/3(Sun) so they are planning on those days to be busy. The days of the week for the holiday this year makes it pretty much a no-brainer for the dates resorts to charge holiday rates and blackouts. Midweek before 12/26 should be alot less crowded then the holiday period, plus it will be much cheaper then holiday rates.

In addition the week after New Years is usually pretty quiet too and most resorts typically offer deals. This season there should be some amazing deals during slow periods at many resorts, east or west.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Will Okemo be crowded on December 22, 23, 24 and 25?
Reviewers almost invariably report that Okemo gets really crowded during Christmas vacation, but most reviews seem to be based on experiences between Christmas and New Year's Day.
How is it during the 3-4 days leading up to Christmas?
Okemo's condo rates go up from the 25th this year, so I'm also taking that as an indication that Okemo itself believes the crowd will start to throng on Christmas, which falls on Fri this year.
Any thoughts?

It's always been my experience that December 24 is the deadest day of the year at most any resort. It's also hard for the employees who have to work, their mind is not always on their work, this customer reports. I think in general, the days prior to Christmas will be the lightest. No clue about the 25th.

Talisman

based on my experience I predict the crowds for the days leading up to Christmas will be light. Christmas Day will have a light crowd and Boxing Day (the 26th) will be packed.

Philpug

I will be there on the 24th and 25th, the 26th is up in the air, sure to be packed.