• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

wow...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
That's wacked, anyone know the story behind that house. Is it really decorated like that or are those just special effects? Where is it? How much do the neighbors complain?

bvibert

Staff member
andyzee said:
That's wacked, anyone know the story behind that house. Is it really decorated like that or are those just special effects? Where is it? How much do the neighbors complain?

I'm sure the neighbors love it! :roll: I wonder how many traffic accidents they've caused with that thing...

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
I'm sure the neighbors love it! :roll: I wonder how many traffic accidents they've caused with that thing...
My wife has a great term for gawdy christmas light display. She calls them "Las Vegas".

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
bvibert said:
My wife has a great term for gawdy christmas light display. She calls them "Las Vegas".

If you guys haven't been you HAVE to at least drive by the "Christmas House" in Torrington this year... You'll see gawdy alright, and then some... ;)

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Greg said:
bvibert said:

If you guys haven't been you HAVE to at least drive by the "Christmas House" in Torrington this year... You'll see gawdy alright, and then some... ;)
My town is doing a "Light up the Town" this weekend. It's pretty cool. All of the buildings downtown (businesses, municipal buildings, churches, etc.) have white christmas lights on them. They all get lit for the season this weekend. It's really pretty. I'm sure you've seen it from Route 8, B.

bvibert

Staff member
Yes I've seen that and I think its great, not gawdy at all. It looks really cool from the highway.

Bosefius

Where do you even begin for something like that?

I guess there are much worse ways to spend your time and effort. This is at least positive. Absolutely incredible if you ask me.

noski

Greg said:
My town is doing a "Light up the Town" this weekend. It's pretty cool. All of the buildings downtown (businesses, municipal buildings, churches, etc.) have white christmas lights on them. They all get lit for the season this weekend. It's really pretty. I'm sure you've seen it from Route 8, B.

The MRV is doing its first Sugarbush Festival of Lights, with $5000 in prizes. The MRV should be well lit this year! http://www.madrivervalley.com/events/detail/0000_.htm
(edit- errant apostrophe)