• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your 2022-2023 Ski Season Thread

urungus

Ski Tracks app still thinks it’s the 2022-23 season. It was unable to detect any runs given the minuscule vertical, LOL

IMG_1511.jpeg

chuckstah

I count my season October to September, so it's right in my world. But yeah, my app didn't register there either. Being inside probably doesn't help. Good job getting out. I'm considering mogul weekend. Trying to talk myself out of it lol.

Just finished my season 116 days

2022/23
Hunter
34​
Killington
54​
(includes 10/30/22 hike)
Steamboat
5​
Winter Park
8​
Abasin
1​
Sugarbush
2​
Hahns Peak, CO
1​
Plattekill
1​
Snowbird
1​
Pow Mow
5​
Tuckerman
1​
Mammoth 7/31, 8/1
2​
St Marys Glacier 9/8
1​
116​

4aprice

Interesting how some people determine their seasons. I knocked off after my 3 week trip out west at the end of March last season, not for any reason other then other life issues came up and time would not allow it. So I've had a significant break.

I say this because I'm going to the "Big Ramp" in the Meadowlands this Saturday to "Kick Off" my 23,24 season. Yes its only the Ramp however, I have bought a multiple day package and plan on hitting several "training seasons" leading into the regular season which for me will start Thanksgiving week out in Colorado. I consider the place a skiing gym and look forward to being in better skiing shape when the regular season starts. Getting ready to go :cool:

ColdRain&Snow

Interesting how some people determine their seasons. I knocked off after my 3 week trip out west at the end of March last season, not for any reason other then other life issues came up and time would not allow it. So I've had a significant break.

I say this because I'm going to the "Big Ramp" in the Meadowlands this Saturday to "Kick Off" my 23,24 season. Yes its only the Ramp however, I have bought a multiple day package and plan on hitting several "training seasons" leading into the regular season which for me will start Thanksgiving week out in Colorado. I consider the place a skiing gym and look forward to being in better skiing shape when the regular season starts. Getting ready to go :cool:
Last year I knew my season would end mid march, and missed the best spring in decades.

That shouldn’t happen this year, hopefully the season ends close to the way it ended last year.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com

I would suggest that there is no one “right way”. For me, it’s experiencing the entire season. The difference between my working years and my retirement years is only the number of days that I can get out over that time period.

As I said, that’s for me.

jimk

I'm not sure why anyone would want to know the details of my ski season, but the fact that I read this thread regularly, is indicative that someone really does want to know about your season, so perhaps someone want to know mine!

My compliments to anyone who is still working a full-time job who actually skis 50 or more days a year. Before I retired, that was a rarity.

Since I retired, 100+ days per season has become routine. The fact that I have a slope-side ski-on/ski-off has me skiing on many a day that I would not have even considered getting into my car.

These are my 2022-3 numbers: (I may do a day or two more, but I doubt it.)

2022-3: Nov.16, 2022 to May 12, 2023
150 days: 136 lift-serviced
118 (104 lift serviced) Crotched Mtn., 12 Sunapee, 13 Killington, 5 Okemo, 2 Mt. Snow
3.2M vertical lift serviced, averaging 23,500K per lift-served day
One day max, lift-serviced: 68,250 vertical.
Earned turns (all at CM) about 12.5K, averaging about 900 vertical per hiking event
One day max earned turns: 3K;
I'm enjoying the fact that the person with probably the most impressive season statistics here is so modest. Happy for you that someone pointed you toward the free PEAK skis offer you qualified for. Will look for you to report back next season on how they perform.(y)

thebigo

Planning to retire at 62, work offering pretirement at 57 now. Cut hours to 20/week and keep benefits. Doubt I will ever make it to Antarctica but winterized camper the minute the kids are out of the house. Tool around the west with the next dog, ski mornings work afternoons. August/Sept back in NH working on house and property.

Hawk

Roger that. I just turned 57 also. I want to enjoy what little cartiledge I have left before I becime debilitated. Bumps have truely taken thier toll. I know those who are younger on here and think they have a long time before they will have issues. Take my word it comes faster than you think.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I'm enjoying the fact that the person with probably the most impressive season statistics here is so modest. Happy for you that someone pointed you toward the free PEAK skis offer you qualified for. Will look for you to report back next season on how they perform.(y)
I am very happy to report that my free skis arrived today from Peak Ski Company for having the documentation that I skied over 3M vert. ft. last season. I will report how they handle in a few months.

I also want to thank Tonyr again for letting me know about the Peak Ski promotion.