• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

April 14/15 Where?

skiur

Why do warm temps concern you? From here on out the skiing will not be good without warm temps. This is the time of year to skip first chair and not get on the mountain until after 10.

Jcb890

Why do warm temps concern you? From here on out the skiing will not be good without warm temps. This is the time of year to skip first chair and not get on the mountain until after 10.
^ This.
Why wouldn't you want warm temps in April? Warm temps this time of year is what you want. Not warmth like 60's or 70's or 80's, but days where it doesn't get above freezing are probably going to be less than great since there has been thawing, re-freezing, rain, etc.

Also, I believe caribchakita mentioned she had a free room at Sunday River... was it for that same weekend? Why pass up free lodging?

As far as open with best conditions the 14th/15th - probably Sunday River, Killington, Sugarloaf, Sugarbush, Jay, etc.

However, Killington will be open well into May, so I'm trying to reserve at least 1 MAX Pass for when its just Super Star.

If the 10-day Weather Underground forecast is accurate, next weekend should be a blast everywhere with temps hitting mid/low 50's.

Personally, I have 4/16 off and was thinking of using a MAX Pass ticket at Sunday River.

skiur

super warm temps daily, impacts the snow....will make a decision the 13th where to go...Sunday River is the plan...

Yes, warm temps impact the snow, it softens it up and makes corn snow which outside of fresh powder is the best surface you can get. Enjoy the spring bumps!

machski

super warm temps daily, impacts the snow....will make a decision the 13th where to go...Sunday River is the plan...
I don't see any super warm temps in the 10 day. Things do warm up a bit later half of next week, but we are talking low 50's at most right now in ski country. The snowpack remaining can handle that type of weather.

Sent from my SM-T900 using AlpineZone mobile app

Bumpsis

What will be open the 14/15 April that has the best conditions? We were headed to Sunday River but it's iffy there already and the warm temps concern me (and rain). BTW, next weekend looks like spring skiing, ya'll.

Killington?

I just checked the temperature profile for 14/15 weekend for Cannon and Sunapee which is probably representative for northern and s. NE. On both days the temps are struggling to get out of mid to upper 30's. The sun's action may not help all that much. Since the slopes will experience overnight freezes, I'm fairly certain that it will be quite icy. Grooming won't help. If you're hoping to ski some nice corn, it's less than likely to happen this weekend.
I think I'll pack up my hiking crampons and enjoy a fine, crunchy hike somewhere in the Whites this weekend.

Smellytele

I just checked the temperature profile for 14/15 weekend for Cannon and Sunapee which is probably representative for northern and s. NE. On both days the temps are struggling to get out of mid to upper 30's. The sun's action may not help all that much. Since the slopes will experience overnight freezes, I'm fairly certain that it will be quite icy. Grooming won't help. If you're hoping to ski some nice corn, it's less than likely to happen this weekend.
I think I'll pack up my hiking crampons and enjoy a fine, crunchy hike somewhere in the Whites this weekend.

7/8 or 14/15

Jcb890

Next weekend is my plan for snowboard spring bliss..taxes, this weekend..
Like everyone is saying - just go. Options will be severely limited after next weekend and places that are open will probably begin to close terrain or have to close terrain.

Sunday River should be good, so should everywhere else.