• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NY/FL Woman Missing On Crosscountry Roadtrip

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
How can you miss this? They are live now in a helicopter flying over the family's house. :ROFLMAO:

I literally never watch the news, except to keep an eye on any hurricanes I may need to run from. I did catch the news of this briefly late last week but I haven't been following it. hahah.

ScottySkis

I'm bad at watching the news but north port is like 2 towns over from me here.
And Facebook friends with her growing up in long Island
Very sad story
From my friend who like cousin with them:
""
Thank you everyone who reached out. I still don’t have words 💔 Joseph and Tara you guys little Joey and Derek are in our prayers and sending you so many Hugs. Our hearts are bleeding for you.
Gabby Heaven gained so much life. A beautiful angel that we got to love for 22 short years. Lives will never be the same without you. We love you so much and cannot wait to see the adventures on the other side ❤️
“Tell me what does it feel like in heaven? Is it peaceful? Is it real like they say?… cause here on earth everything different…I hope you’re dancing in the sky. And I hope you’re singing in the angels choir. And I hope the angels know what they have. I bet it’s so nice up in Heaven since you arrived”

thetrailboss

Staff member
They have confirmed it is her. Cause of death is homicide.

ScottySkis

Any see the killer please call FBI

1-800-call-FBI
or
TIPS.FBI.GOV

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1632262614321.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632262614321.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member

jimk

I think it's a little sick the way the US media obsesses over these damsel-in-distress stories. I'm sure they draw a lot of clicks (including some from me). They deserve to be reported, but in a more respectful/controlled way. The viral internet method of news dispersal stinks. My cousin lost a pretty young daughter in a drowning accident a few years ago and it got picked up by the national news. Family members, including the mother and pretty daughter, were made to look foolish in a few of the more cruel stories that followed the accident. The family quickly realized their best coping mechanism was to go full silent and avoid the press/media at all costs.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think it's a little sick the way the US media obsesses over these damsel-in-distress stories. I'm sure they draw a lot of clicks (including some from me). They deserve to be reported, but in a more respectful/controlled way. The viral internet method of news dispersal stinks. My cousin lost a pretty young daughter in a drowning accident a few years ago and it got picked up by the national news. Family members, including the mother and pretty daughter, were made to look foolish in a few of the more cruel stories that followed the accident. The family quickly realized their best coping mechanism was to go full silent and avoid the press/media at all costs.
Good point. I think I read that there are like 70,000 open missing persons cases and this one got a lot of attention.

ScottySkis

Couple saw Gabby and BL at Merry Piglet restaurant on Fri. 8/27; BL agitated. The camping Bethune couple spotted the white van on same day 8/27 approx. 4-5 hours later. I'm wondering if that is the horrible day. https://www.foxnews.com/us/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-argued-in-wyoming-restaurant-eyewitnesses
What was the date when TikTok female picked up BL hitchhiking alone?

**Confirmed that the couple DID speak with authorities about the incident at Merry Piglet. Here is her video:
This gives us more of a timeline.

Interesting about the Dirty Laundries neighbor with fixing the camper and leaving for a few days.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Now that the news media have pretty much earned what they can off this case, only now do they ask, "Gee, what about the other 89,000 missing people we have not covered?" ;)