• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This is fine, everything is fine

hardscrabble

Just a normal February we're having here, nothing out of the ordinary, especially not Thursday night or anything

(I'll see you all back at square one)

NYDB

The bigger question is the mess coming in 2/22-2/23. I know its too early to call that but I don't like the forecasted temps.

Maybe 2/21 and 2/22 will at least be spring like conditions

hardscrabble

Maybe 2/21 and 2/22 will at least be spring like conditions

Maybe that comes in with less wind, too. Hell, it's still a week-plus out so I'm still entertaining (but not counting on) the possibility that it changes to snow like the 2/4 storm did. It does look like we're back in a similar pattern to the one that plagued most of December though.

Mainer

Presidents weekend is going to be brutal. Pissing rain and 53 on Thursday. 4 degrees Friday night. I’m not sure there is enough ambulances in the mwv to accommodate all the ski accidents that will happen. 🤮

snoseek

It's been a good run. I'm getting in the car and driving west for a while as it all flips.

abc

Presidents weekend is going to be brutal. Pissing rain and 53 on Thursday. 4 degrees Friday night. I’m not sure there is enough ambulances in the mwv to accommodate all the ski accidents that will happen. 🤮
I'm so happy I took up skate skiing 2 years ago. Now, when everyone is moaning the big freeze, I get excited with condition that would allow me to set personal best time! Such a blast to slide across the ice! I keep asking myself why I had waited so long...

hardscrabble

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_16.png

... and anotha one.
Still time for it to track south but I'm not getting my hopes up.