• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

22/23 Passes

gladerider

just pulled trigger on ikon renewal. discounts end this Friday, 4/22

zyk

I wish Ikon had a weekdays only option that was cheaper. $700 feels heavy when everything is 2.5 plus hours away and I have to buy another pass for easy day trips.
The lack of a midweek only option is the primary reason why I didn't go with Ikon.

gmcunni

Epic Local X2 renewed for me and daughter. Going to Breck this weekend for likely last day of season.

meff

Epic local, Ikon base and Bromley pass here.

Epic to cover the 10 day Vail trip
Ikon for early and late season options. We'll see how it goes.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Pulled trigger on Ikon base. Already going to use it to go to Winter Park for 2 days next week. Not sure where it'll take me next year. Hopefully one big trip post-season to Tahoe and daytrips to Solitude and Brighton. And of course spring days at Snowbird. Skiing Alta 130 days+ next season probably won't suck so bad either ;)

gmcunni

Pulled trigger on Ikon base. Already going to use it to go to Winter Park for 2 days next week. Not sure where it'll take me next year. Hopefully one big trip post-season to Tahoe and daytrips to Solitude and Brighton. And of course spring days at Snowbird. Skiing Alta 130 days+ next season probably won't suck so bad either ;)
you don't get comp'd when traveling to other mountains? i thought that was a thing for instructors and other mountain employees.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
you don't get comp'd when traveling to other mountains? i thought that was a thing for instructors and other mountain employees.

It is not nearly as good here as the benefits out east. Back there I could ski for free at a good number of places or get tickets in the $30-$60 range. Here a lot of places are 50% off if they offer anything... and 50% off a $150-$200 ticket at the destination places.... not worth it.

parahelia

We initially bought gold New England Passes but we just pulled the trigger to upgrade to platinum (which includes Ikon base). I'm on sabbatical next spring and we'll finally be able to ski out west with the kids (no vacation week mismatch). In a way, it's probably good that we had to wait until this upcoming year to bring them west - they are fantastic skiers now and we'll be able to go almost anywhere on the mountain. Now I just have to convince the fam to leave me in the northern Rockies when they head home at the end of February break... 😇

machski

We initially bought gold New England Passes but we just pulled the trigger to upgrade to platinum (which includes Ikon base). I'm on sabbatical next spring and we'll finally be able to ski out west with the kids (no vacation week mismatch). In a way, it's probably good that we had to wait until this upcoming year to bring them west - they are fantastic skiers now and we'll be able to go almost anywhere on the mountain. Now I just have to convince the fam to leave me in the northern Rockies when they head home at the end of February break... 😇
Depends where and when you want to ski on the Ikon, but I've come around to the thinking the Platinum isn't worth it since so many areas our west have bailed off the Ikon Base. When we go back to Ikon after next season, we will likely do full Ikons paired with a NEP Silver. We recover 7 of the 12 blackouts at SR with the full Ikon plus have access to ALL Ikon resorts for basically the same $$. And if we need those other 5 blackout days (rare given my work schedule), we can go SL or Loon for the balance.

jimk

Sounds like you're in UT to stay for a while. Glad it worked out for you. My son (part time PSIA L3 at Snowbird) also usually pays for additional skiing, either Alta-Bird upgrade (this year) or some form of IKON (previous years). It's hard to resist the opportunity to sample numerous other fine resorts so close by.

I've been getting a Snowbird senior pass the last few years. For 2021-22 Snowbird offered a nicely discounted IKON base pass add-on to their season pass holders that I purchased for something like $270. Used that pass 20 days so far including four days at Mammoth last weekend (great mtn). Will probably go with my same pass combo next year. Only downer is that this special IKON base pass doesn't allow any days at Alta, so I only get one free day there through a benefit with my Snowbird pass:mad:

KustyTheKlown

Sounds like you're in UT to stay for a while. Glad it worked out for you. My son (part time PSIA L3 at Snowbird) also usually pays for additional skiing, either Alta-Bird upgrade (this year) or some form of IKON (previous years). It's hard to resist the opportunity to sample numerous other fine resorts so close by.

I've been getting a Snowbird senior pass the last few years. For 2021-22 Snowbird offered a nicely discounted IKON base pass add-on to their season pass holders that I purchased for something like $270. Used that pass 20 days so far including four days at Mammoth last weekend (great mtn). Will probably go with my same pass combo next year. Only downer is that this special IKON base pass doesn't allow any days at Alta, so I only get one free day there through a benefit with my Snowbird pass:mad:

yea i opted for the full pass and have specific targets set on alta, snowbasin, jackson, and sun valley

parahelia

Depends where and when you want to ski on the Ikon, but I've come around to the thinking the Platinum isn't worth it since so many areas our west have bailed off the Ikon Base. When we go back to Ikon after next season, we will likely do full Ikons paired with a NEP Silver. We recover 7 of the 12 blackouts at SR with the full Ikon plus have access to ALL Ikon resorts for basically the same $$. And if we need those other 5 blackout days (rare given my work schedule), we can go SL or Loon for the balance.
Yeah, I'm not sure how it will work out in practice. My hope is that with 3 days at Big Sky/Brighton from the gold pass + 5 days from the Ikon base, there will be some options to work around blackout dates no matter who is getting snow that year. At the very least, it's good insurance against paying walk-up prices for a family of 4 😬. But I definitely want to do the math at next season's end and see if it actually worked out in our favor.

machski

Yeah, I'm not sure how it will work out in practice. My hope is that with 3 days at Big Sky/Brighton from the gold pass + 5 days from the Ikon base, there will be some options to work around blackout dates no matter who is getting snow that year. At the very least, it's good insurance against paying walk-up prices for a family of 4 😬. But I definitely want to do the math at next season's end and see if it actually worked out in our favor.
Just don't forget to reserve you Ikon days at Brighton/BS ahead of time as that is a thing next year. Not sure if the Boyne pass 3 days needs similar or not.

jimk

Just don't forget to reserve you Ikon days at Brighton/BS ahead of time as that is a thing next year. Not sure if the Boyne pass 3 days needs similar or not.
Yeah, I'm also bummed that Deer Valley is dropping off the base IKON, not that it's my top UT resort. Just nice to have for bailout in the event of closure of LCC on big storm days. Also, I have friends I like to join there sometimes. It being premium now will steer more locals to base pass mtns such as Snowbird, Brighton, and Solitude, all three I prefer over DV.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Going with the NYS 3 in 1 again next season.

Debating getting a Plattekill pass again or saving that money and getting the Killington 365 pass instead of the K midweek. Getting the IKON base pass with the 365 is pulling me in that direction. It'd be nice to ski Sugarbush again.

ThatGuy

I’d spring for the Killi 365. Pay for a couple days at Platty when the snows right.