• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2022-11-25 Loon

skef

Resort or Ski Area
Loon Mountain
Date
Nov 25, 2022
Snow Conditions
  1. Packed Powder
C9A833E5-4520-4B88-9C7C-B4F30BB643FB.jpegC0356A48-BBB5-4333-B7A6-1EC241419210.jpegA1FA37F9-F8BD-4351-856E-7B0A120BFE96.jpegA good day #1 of the 22/23 season for me. Gambled on the weather and feel that I won — a small amount of liquid precipitation mid-day, but flakes at altitude soon after. Loon has a novel early-season arrangement this year with Octagon base area out of play while they finish the new 7 bros lift: Kanc8 out of the Governor Adams area and North Peak Express. Enough trails to keep things interesting for a half-dozen hours at least. Parks crew using their imagination cramming this jump on the Sunset-Haulback connector.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was there Friday with my son as well. One of the better first days of the season in recent memory between the snow quality and terrain available.

Yesterday was not a repeat. Boiler plate all over. Only Coolidge Street which saw a snowmaking refresh skied well. They had guns going on Blue OX and Upper Walking Boss. Their next window they probably need to work on resurfacing vs terrain expansion.

Overall I'm quite pleased with starting my season at Loon this year just buying day tickets at $61/day. Only real negative observation is the cafeteria food quality was pretty bad and ridiculously expensive. A steak and cheese with Tiny bag of chips, side of fries and two bottled drinks came to $34 for my son and I. Really bad quality for that price. I won't be supporting their F&B operations there in the future.

snoseek

I was there Friday with my son as well. One of the better first days of the season in recent memory between the snow quality and terrain available.

Yesterday was not a repeat. Boiler plate all over. Only Coolidge Street which saw a snowmaking refresh skied well. They had guns going on Blue OX and Upper Walking Boss. Their next window they probably need to work on resurfacing vs terrain expansion.

Overall I'm quite pleased with starting my season at Loon this year just buying day tickets at $61/day. Only real negative observation is the cafeteria food quality was pretty bad and ridiculously expensive. A steak and cheese with Tiny bag of chips, side of fries and two bottled drinks came to $34 for my son and I. Really bad quality for that price. I won't be supporting their F&B operations there in the future.
Wait is that 1 or 2 steak and cheese?

I really like Loon, have not been in years but on a random midweek day the place skis excellent.

thebigo

Saw that steak and cheese, looked good but knew it would be outrageously priced. Food at Loon has always been screwed, for some reason breakfast is reasonable and lunch is stupid expensive. The breakfast sandwich with grilled english, fried egg and sausage patty was $5.50 after pass discount/tax and it was good. Other weird thing is no food in the bars, they tell you to bring up cafeteria food.

Trails to the left and right of the eight were boilerplate yesterday, they usually are. The trail under the 8 wasnt bad; also the side of sunset with the loop around the gondola back to north was decent.

SteezyRob

View attachment 55161A good day #1 of the 22/23 season for me. Gambled on the weather and feel that I won — a small amount of liquid precipitation mid-day, but flakes at altitude soon after. Loon has a novel early-season arrangement this year with Octagon base area out of play while they finish the new 7 bros lift: Kanc8 out of the Governor Adams area and North Peak Express. Enough trails to keep things interesting for a half-dozen hours at least. Parks crew using their imagination cramming this jump on the Sunset-Haulback connector.
that jump is looking heavenly