• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 🏂🎿😃 sweet hill in West Cats NY

Scottyskis2

Join us this Friday, January 27th for the 11th Annual Telefest here Plattekill Mountain with Telemarkdown.com -Fey Bros!

The Café will be open until 5pm and the Plattekill Mountain Blockbuster Bar opens at 11:00am!

#myplatty #plattekill #ski #telemark #fun

Scottyskis2

Scottyskis2

McBrine Division Collegiate Racing this weekend on Northface. Follow live results at these links. Good luck Marist College Marist Athletics and to our hometown racers Nick Vajtay and Drew Taylor
http://www.live-timing.com/race2.php?r=245250

Scottyskis2

About the take over fb group
"We are at 581 members and exactly 3 weeks until the takeover!! We are half way there in ticket sales. We need approximately 45-50 more to make this happen. Tickets are online ONLY!! Buy those tickets so we can keep thi event alive!

Scottyskis2

Oh yes, we have snow… and good times here. Come enjoy it!

#snowmakers #snowmakersrule #myplatty #keepingitreal #plattekill

Scottyskis2

We’ll take it.
Every. Single. Itty. Bitty. Flake.
#letitsnow #fingerscrossed #myplatty #keepingitreal #plattekill

Scottyskis2

Visit us this Saturday, February 25th!
Skier's Bistro & Blockbuster Bar opens at 11:00! Tastings from Catskill Brewery & Do Good Spirits from 12:30-3:30! Live music from John Hill & diners-to-go (or stay) from Sweet Pea Supply Company starting at 3:00!

#myplatty #plattekill @sweetpeasupplycompany @thecatskillbrewery @do.good.spirits @plattekill_blockbuster_bar @plattekill_wedding Plattekill Mountain Blockbuster Bar Plattekill Mountain Weddings & Events Plattekill Mountain

Killingtime

Yesterday cars were backed up onto Rt 28 trying to make the turn into Belleayre. Parking looked horrendous. I looked at my wife and said what do you think?, 20 minute lift lines? We laughed. Thankfully we had tickets to the best mountain that for some reason no one seems to know about. Plattekill was basically ski on after every run. Maybe two or three people ahead of us at the busiest. Lots of natural snow. Great conditions every where. Trails that are usually sketchy were completely filled in. Some runs felt like we were the only people on the mountain. Awesome beer by the fit pit after a fun day. Thanks Platty for keeping it special.

cdskier

Yesterday cars were backed up onto Rt 28 trying to make the turn into Belleayre. Parking looked horrendous. I looked at my wife and said what do you think?, 20 minute lift lines? We laughed. Thankfully we had tickets to the best mountain that for some reason no one seems to know about. Plattekill was basically ski on after every run. Maybe two or three people ahead of us at the busiest. Lots of natural snow. Great conditions every where. Trails that are usually sketchy were completely filled in. Some runs felt like we were the only people on the mountain. Awesome beer by the fit pit after a fun day. Thanks Platty for keeping it special.

Platty is often absolutely worth that extra drive past Belleayre.

cdskier

I mean, I love Platty, but if natural is lacking, Belleayre has way more snow-making firepower. I also enjoy the terrain at Belleayre from time to time to the point where if I was skiing the cats, I wouldn't want to ski only and always at Platty. So I stand by my original "often" (but not always) statement.

I rarely ski the cats anymore though, so all a bit moot to me at this point.