• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lange Posters

Rambo

If anyone can find both classic and current Lange Posters, post them here for all of us to see.

When Bob Lange developed the plastic ski boot in 1962, he began a revolution in ski boot design. That wasn't the only contribution he made to skiing... The first "Lange Girl" poster, created by the Norm Clasen agency, dates back to 1970

langegirl.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
That's not to sell ski boots, silly! ;)

And this most definately IS a good thing!
Agreed.

would it work??
Not for me. I think companies who stoop to the "sex sells" method of advertising are unimaginative and must really think their customers are stupid. If anything, it's a turn-off. Don't get me wrong; I appreciate the female (and male) forms for what they are. But to use them as objects to sell products based upon the subliminal message that "if you buy this, you can have this, too" really ticks me off. Though I guess the target audience may, after all, be that stupid..... ;)

I must be getting old. The two with the bylines "Warm Inside" and "Soft Inside" are really pissing me off this morning.