• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alpinezone, You Got Served over on Snow Journal:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Please list all these other "molehills" that get hammered to the extent of Sundown.

I'm not debating that Sundown may get hammered, and that is indeed the reason I mentioned Sundown. I didn't want you to think I was picking on it, I was truly talking in general, but as usual, being a sensitive clit, you put words in my mouth. What I was questioning is why you as well as people on other sites chose to question people's skiing ability when you don't agree with their opinion. To me that's kind of saying "mine is bigger than yours" or the bully kicking your ass, just because you can not rationally converse or debate. As a matter of fact, it makes me believe that you may have gotten your ass kicked by a lot of bullies in your youth and this is now the only method of debate that you know. And mentioning molehill (not Sundown), was just one way of showing a point.

Warp Daddy

In the larger order of life NONE of this means a chit ! My home area often gets chit from trash talkers ,poseurs and pretenders too . WGARA !!! I ski to ENJOY life , not to be affected by what OTHERS THINK about my skiing , my choice of skiing venues etc .

I personally have a GREAT RESPECT for local or regional ski areas , many of fine skier still works out of those kinds of venues , I'm no longer interested in pissing matches "or mine's bigger than Yours :D contests " I long ago grew up and have moved on to enjoying life and allowing others to do the same.

If i was closer I'd GLADLY make some turns with the CT crew ------------So lets just live and let live there allready too damn much NOIZE in the world that Don't mean Sheeeit :D:D

Greg

Staff member
:lol:

1. Mountain Creek

No. People hammer places like Mountain Creek because they don't like how it operates. People hammer Sundown because we like how it operates.

mondeo

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

and a bag for Dr. Jeff

popcorn.gif
Hmm, I think I need to get some myself.

Greg

Staff member
I'm not debating that Sundown may get hammered, and that is indeed the reason I mentioned Sundown. I didn't want you to think I was picking on it, I was truly talking in general, but as usual, being a sensitive clit, you put words in my mouth. What I was questioning is why you as well as people on other sites chose to question people's skiing ability when you don't agree with their opinion. To me that's kind of saying "mine is bigger than yours" or the bully kicking your ass, just because you can not rationally converse or debate. As a matter of fact, it makes me believe that you may have gotten your ass kicked by a lot of bullies in your youth and this is now the only method of debate that you know. And mentioning molehill (not Sundown), was just one way of showing a point.

This post is classic. Nice attempt at psycho-analysis, Andy... :lol: Don't worry, my youth was free of any bully beat-downs.

And after this thread withers away I'll still be having a blast skiing at Sundown......and you'll still suck at skiing.

highpeaksdrifter

Perhaps. But like you with Iceface and dmc with Huntah, you just gotta defend your turf. And being the little guy, we have to work harder at it than anyone.

You and Colin gonna represent WF at the January Sundown comp? Maybe TJF too?

:lol: Ahhh…a passive aggressive call out…especially for TJF…I like it. No way for Jan., but I would like go to the spring one. I feel like I’d be a marked man there, but that’s ok. If we go there would some of you guys come up for a ADK comp at Gore or WF?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
No. People hammer places like Mountain Creek because they don't like how it operates. People hammer Sundown because we like how it operates.
You didn't specify why it gets hammered, but you're right. I've never been to Sundown, but after reading about it here, I'd probably have a better time skiing there vs. MC.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

No, people hammer Mountain Creek because it sux, One word, Killington.

There's a distinction to be made here.

Most of the flack directed towards Sundown is good natured ball busting. Not all, but most.

All of the flack directed towards MC is real because the place is run horribly and does nothing to endear it's local skiers.

Killington probably falls somewhere in the middle (some questionable moves by management, but enough terrain and snowfall to make up for it).

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
This post is classic. Nice attempt at psycho-analysis, Andy... :lol: Don't worry, my youth was free of any bully beat-downs.

And after this thread withers away I'll still be having a blast skiing at Sundown......and you'll still suck at skiing.

And I am truly sure you will enjoy it and am truly happy for you. And as far as I'm concerned, I may as you say "suck". But I'm having one hell of a good time. So it all comes down to the same thing, We're both having fun :beer:

Greg

Staff member
:lol: Ahhh…a passive aggressive call out…especially for TJF…I like it. No way for Jan., but I would like go to the spring one. I feel like I’d be a marked man there, but that’s ok. If we go there would some of you guys come up for a ADK comp at Gore or WF?

Maybe Gore. Whiteface is too bad ass for a poser like me.

Greg

Staff member
And I am truly sure you will enjoy it and am truly happy for you. And as far as I'm concerned, I may as you say "suck". But I'm having one hell of a good time. So it all comes down to the same thing, We're both having fun :beer:

Can I get a hug now?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
There's a distinction to be made here.

Most of the flack directed towards Sundown is good natured ball busting. Not all, but most.

All of the flack directed towards MC is real because the place is run horribly and does nothing to endear it's local skiers.

Killington probably falls somewhere in the middle (some questionable moves by management, but enough terrain and snowfall to make up for it).
Excellent post!

mondeo

Same weekends as Sundown and BMMC, respectively. Otherwise I'd be in.

highpeaksdrifter

I just breezed through this thread and out of the 100+ posts HS gave 3 shots at Sundown (he was looking for trouble), Moe = 1, Puck = 1.

You CLITS and allies are defending Sundown like it’s the Alamo, but I don’t see Santa Anna and his army outside your walls.

madriverjack

One year I entered the gore comp and they had no bumps. What kind of mogul comp has no moguls. I hope they have a decent bump run set up for it now.

campgottagopee

that was you making a comment about your mountain. where else have you seen negative remarks on greek? not trying to bust your balls, but sundown gets so much more $hit than any other mountain.

Again, not here or on any site that I know of---that's how small it is. The clits get it because of close knit group that is on here sharing all the love. That's my point. If people want to bash where I ski go right ahead---it's in my backyard and I consider myself lucky to have it there. Wouldn't matter what hill it was/is, it would be mine and I would stand up for it. Believe me I wish WF was in my backyard but it aint.