• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Windham/Hunter/Belleayre/Plattekill

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Skied Windham yesterday. Good spring conditions. Not sure why people say the terrain is boring. The steeps are great, nice and long, couple of decent bump runs around. We skied one all-blue trail all day (Wedgie), and it was a good cruiser.

Ski school program is pretty good, too, so we went ahead and booked for my brother's kids next Saturday.

Always liked their terrain, although some of the blue runs do get skied off quick, it's the lift lines I can't take.

ctenidae

Always liked their terrain, although some of the blue runs do get skied off quick, it's the lift lines I can't take.

Probably a function of time and weather, but Saturday's lines were basically non-existent. Longest waits were for Adaptive groups to load up, and that's a worthy cause.

BenedictGomez

Plattekill and Hunter are reporting 8" and 4" this morning, respectively, with a few inches more on the way.

That should have made for some decent skiing this weekend, but with the rain forecast for Thursday, I have no idea. Here's to desperately hoping the rain forecast for Thursday STAYS away.

BenedictGomez

Ask and you shall receive. Plattekill is opening tomorrow for a powder day- they're reporting 14".
http://www.plattekill.com/winter/

I cant take off work, but that's going to be amazing there tomorrow.

On the positive side, I just snagged a hotel room in Lake Placid for this weekend. God only knows how much snow they're going to end up with from this.