• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012 Closings

lou12572

well windham has made it offical they're done.:cry:
they were trying to do a free day this saturday but
not to be. they will be having sales of equipment though
if anyone wants to go there.

catskillman

Hunter is closing this Saturday - Details from their site below -

Tube Slide Ride and End of Season Party
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Due to a lack of snow, our 2012 Pondskimming Contest has been replaced with our first-ever Tube Slide Ride and End of Season Party.

Here's how it works: participants ride down a snowy chute on a Snowtubing tube and try to skim across a shallow pool of water. Some might make it across, others probably won't! Costumes are highly encouraged.... let your imagination run wild.

Prizes will be awarded for Best Costume, Best Skim and, of course, Best Splash.

We'll have a BBQ and outdoor bar on the deck, with a DJ spinning your favorite tunes. Saturday will be our last day of the season, so come on out and join us for a great party!

Smellytele

Skied Pat's today. Not bad coverage. They had lost a lot since I was there last week and they definitely will need to get creative, but I think they should be able to make it to the weekend.

They were scheduled to close this Sunday anyway. I may try to take a run or 2 on Sunday if they make it to say goodbye until next year.

WJenness

Sounds pretty bleak at K:

Email update I just received:

For today, the Bear Mountain Quad, Needle's Eye Express Quad and the Superstar Express Quad are operating. For Thursday through the weekend, it is likely that we will only be operating Bear Mountain Quad and Superstar Express Quad. The two pods will be isolated from one another and a shuttle will be operating between the two sites. As of today, there is still significant snow depth on Superstar trail.

Props for not killing Bear now though...

-w

Gilligan

Lol...that's all they'd have to offer? SR has lots of coverage for all abilities.

I am all for talking up a place that can survive this warm spell, but it sounds like you are actually enjoying the pain being suffered by other ski areas. Lol? What is wrong with you?

hammer

Skied Pat's today. Not bad coverage. They had lost a lot since I was there last week and they definitely will need to get creative, but I think they should be able to make it to the weekend.
How was Hurricane? I remember in past seasons they have blown a lot of snow on that trail and the bumps can get pretty big.

SkiFanE

I am all for talking up a place that can survive this warm spell, but it sounds like you are actually enjoying the pain being suffered by other ski areas. Lol? What is wrong with you?

No, not at all. Just completely surprised K didn't do as well or better. I feel for everyone, this just sucks.

SkiFanE

I'll be up Friday and I think Norm is too.

I'm on for Friday. I'll txt you or Norm in AM. Since there were no pow days I could use my time off for this winter, guaranteed my giving into spring slush instead means a big weekday spring dump coming.

Cornhead

well windham has made it offical they're done.:cry:
they were trying to do a free day this saturday but
not to be. they will be having sales of equipment though
if anyone wants to go there.

Damn, I let another Warren Miller voucher for Windham go unused. They give one every year in Binghamton, NY. They used to expire quite early in the season. This year they blacked them out for a period in the middle, but were good from March till close. Thought I'd get a chance to play hooky and make some Spring turns there, not to be. Damn this heat wave.:angry:

WJenness

Damn, I let another Warren Miller voucher for Windham go unused. They give one every year in Binghamton, NY.

I've got a Sugarbush one that might meet the same fate... I'm hoping that there might be something worth playing hooky for next week, but I'm not betting on it.

-w

deadheadskier

Staff member
Gunstock is done. Was planning on heading up for a few last turns this afternoon, but they got fried yesterday and it couldn't reopen for today. 42 open trails this past weekend, to closed in 5 days. crazy

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Last Week:
3-14-2012.jpg

This week:
3-22-2012.jpg

Incredible