• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012 Closings

gmcunni

Mount Ellen >>>> Done

fb -
Sugarbush Resort
We have closed Mt. Ellen for the day. We are trying to save snow for tomorrow and the weekend. The VT Thursday party is at Castlerock Pub instead of the Green Mountain Lounge this afternoon. Free food and live music are there for your enjoyment.

buellski

Mt. Sunapee....done.

"The unprecedented week of summer like weather has brought our season to an abrupt end. Mount Sunapee will be closing at 4:00pm on Thursday March 22 for the 2011-2012 season. To put the weather in perspective the “ice out” on Lake Sunapee happened yesterday, March 21, eight days earlier than any year since 1869."

lou12572

well looked extended forcast for north creek (gore mtn) calling for rain tomorrow into sunday am. checked gore website they're closed as of end of today.:cry: there went my
try for this weekend, damn this season was way to short. :evil: praying jay will hold out till next friday:sadwalk:

Edd

Headed to Burlington for a show Saturday night. Hoping for the best for Sun - Tue and Im willing to ski anywhere.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Burke is planning on being open through the weekend and then closing mid-week with hopes of re-opening for the next weekend 31st-1st.

We will shut down all operations Monday-Friday, March 26-30 with the hopes of opening one last weekend on March 31 and April 1 for skiing & riding and our annual Pond Skimming Celebration. In the event warm temperatures persist this could be our final weekend. After much consideration, we were unable to move Pond Skimming ahead to this weekend because the extreme temperatures made it impossible to form a pond with the loose snow.

hammer

Bumps at Pats Peak (picture from their web site)...but they are closing tomorrow.

phpThumb.php

powbmps

Mt. Sunapee....done.

"The unprecedented week of summer like weather has brought our season to an abrupt end. Mount Sunapee will be closing at 4:00pm on Thursday March 22 for the 2011-2012 season. To put the weather in perspective the “ice out” on Lake Sunapee happened yesterday, March 21, eight days earlier than any year since 1869."

Amazing how quickly it deteriorated. Sunday was perfect.

No more AcroBag. Boooo! Kick in the nuts for the FestEvol concert as well.

buellski

Amazing how quickly it deteriorated. Sunday was perfect.

No more AcroBag. Boooo! Kick in the nuts for the FestEvol concert as well.

Yeah, my son is not going to be happy. He was pretty upset when they closed the parks but the thought of the AcroBag had him pretty excited about this weekend. :sadwalk:

Wonder what they're going to do for the people that bought concert/lift ticket packages.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Likely open this weekend:

Vermont-
Bolton (Saturday Only)
Burke
Jay
Edit=:lol:Killington:lol:
Edit2=Okemo
Mt Snow
Smuggs
Stowe
Stratton
Sugarbush

New Hampy-
Attitash
Bretton Woods
Cannon
Loon
Waterville
Wildcat

Maine-
Sunday River
Saddleback
Sugarloaf

Plenty of places still open this weekend (some just barely). This is better than I had predicted earlier this week as I figured there would be less than 10. So get out there and get it since there will likely be several bowing out after Sunday.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member

Vermont-
Bolton (Saturday Only)
Burke
Jay
Mt Snow
Smuggs
Stowe
Stratton
Sugarbush

New Hampy-
Attitash
Bretton Woods
Cannon
Loon
Waterville
Wildcat

Maine-
Sunday River
Saddleback
Sugarloaf

Plenty of places still open this weekend (some just barely). This is better than I had predicted earlier this week as I figured there would be less than 10. So get out there and get it since there will likely be several bowing out after Sunday.

You excluded Killington from your list. Somehow I find that hilarious. :lol:

Method9455

Vermont-
Bolton (Saturday Only)
Burke
Jay
Edit:lol:Killington:lol:
Mt Snow
Smuggs
Stowe
Stratton
Sugarbush

New Hampy-
Attitash
Bretton Woods
Cannon
Loon
Waterville
Wildcat

Maine-
Sunday River
Saddleback
Sugarloaf

Okemo as well I think

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Yep, I had Killington and Okemo in my original draft butwhile building the Vermont section of the list, I accidently hit the Back button. I restarted by pasted in text that I had saved to my clipboard forgetting that I had typed those in after copying.