• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

For Sale - Volkl Gotama, Marker Baron AT binding, & an uncut pair of skins

Grassi21

Looking to get into the backcountry? Don't want to drop the full cost of skis, bindings, and skins to get you into this aspect of skiing?

I love this rig but only used it once over the past 2 seasons. The first season I had them I used them in an all mountain setting for 6 days while my all mountain rig was in the shop. I also have a brand new pair of skins in the box and uncut. I think they are Black Diamond but I will have to check when I get home later. These skis have never been in the woods and have only been skied inbounds.

Volkl Gotama - Length 176 Dimensions 133/105/124mm
http://www.epicski.com/products/2009-volkl-gotama-alpine-ski

265x265px-LS-VKL0042-S168CM.jpg

Marker Barron AT - These bindings allow you to lock your heel in for the downhill and release the heel for the climb up.

FQ523N4KSU8vCb8rrAhfioVJSzSzBgk5vzMHxQk1v01j6cxs8iuKB-sC0BhK2zJwNN_tcUkuzOqZz8s1OWf_NU5Lq7bU4URmLOVW-ZGrljAKdoxNOAA--Ys1M4dpuwSe9kkbQPa18S4VMh5pc_jU9wCUDkMxGxmbkfr-gulKxCc

I can post up pics of my skis, their bases, and the bindings upon request. Like I said, I skied these a total of 7 days so they are pretty mint. They are sitting at my house with a nice coat of summer wax waiting to find a new home.

I can schedule a drop off in CT anytime or I will be on Cape Cod Memorial Day weekend. I am also planning on being up in Stowe in the middle of July for a lacrosse tournament.

I am looking to get $450 for the entire package. I would be willing to knock it down to $425 if you are not interested in the skins.

Please PM me if interested.

Grassi21

Mods, please move this to the appropriate area. Thanks!

snoseek

That's a pretty sweet deal. If only a little longer I would buy the whole setup!

Grassi21

How much do you want for the skins??

Wood, I am trying to unload this in a package deal. If I can't get that done I will surely hook up a CT boy with a good price on some unused skins. :)

gmcunni

this is very tempting... it would mean keeping my Nordicas for another season as my everyday ski, not sure how i feel about that.

BUT.... it would mean when i do buy a new everyday driver i could easily stay in the 85-90 mm waist range and i really really really did like the bushwacker @ 88m.

Grassi21

this is very tempting... it would mean keeping my Nordicas for another season as my everyday ski, not sure how i feel about that.

BUT.... it would mean when i do buy a new everyday driver i could easily stay in the 85-90 mm waist range and i really really really did like the bushwacker @ 88m.

My Watea 84s are my everyday driver. They are a great all mountain ski and performed admirably in 8-16" of fresh.

The Gotama is a great ski... even in groomed all mountain conditions. The one day I was able to use them in true pow conditions was at Hunter a couple years back when they got multiple feet in one week. They kicked a$$ as expected.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
This is the second sweet deal I have to pass up this year. Don't you know I'm buying a house?! Wait till next year will ya? Huh?

ScottySkis

My Watea 84s are my everyday driver. They are a great all mountain ski and performed admirably in O8-16" of fresh.

The Gotama is a great ski... even in groomed all mountain conditions. The one day I was able to use them in true pow conditions was at Hunter a couple years back when they got multiple feet in one week. They kicked a$$ as expected.

Yes all the Catskills got like 6 feet in four days,it was sweet sweet west conditions for a while, we need that again.