• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter making Snow on WESTWAY!!!!!!!!!!

SKI-3PO

Top to bottom? If so, Wow! When was the last time this happened?

SKI-3PO

Hmmm...don't remember that. I would have guessed much longer ago.

Scruffy

I saw the guns in place today :daffy:

There seems to be a different snowmaking policy in place this year at Hunter. Lower K27, upper crossover, and AnnaP have nothing blown on them as of yet; however, the guns were in place for Westway. :dontknow:

x10003q

I just got an email from Hunter announcing that they are making snow on Westway. The high capacity of the west HSQ must be driving this decision. There is just not enough space on Claire's and Annapurna to support the lift. New snow and cold weather are a big help.

millerm277

Also worth noting is that they already blew snow and opened the E-Lift on Hunter One, which doesn't usually happen until later (and some seasons not at all).

Looks like business must be good and they're needing the trails/lifts.

I'm also curious, is Lower Taylor's actually open? It's been quite a while since I've seen that.

spiderpig

I was able to cut over from Clair's Way through the glades to ski the bottom of Westway on Sunday because there was plenty of natural snow over there. It looked like there was enough snow to cut back right onto Taylor's, but I did not notice for sure. Ski patrol was dragging stanchion protectors into place, so they were getting prepared for more people to ski over there.

dmc

Can't remember the last time this happened...

It's been a while.. But we've been steadily complaining about it..

Just sucks to have a chair go over such a great trail with no snow on it...

Westway ups the game in the Catskills... no doubt... Best trail around...

JimG.

Staff member
Also worth noting is that they already blew snow and opened the E-Lift on Hunter One, which doesn't usually happen until later (and some seasons not at all).

Looks like business must be good and they're needing the trails/lifts.

I'm also curious, is Lower Taylor's actually open? It's been quite a while since I've seen that.

Lower Taylor's was good yesterday, as were the new glades over there.

catskillman

Holiday tickets sales have been really good!!

Not to mention that Living Social Deals have been amazing for them. Over 2,500 sold the last I heard. They brought 12 busses up from NYC with 2 ways down from the top. Big WIN for mountain revenue whatever % their cut is from the package as they spend $ while there.

The 1 1/2' foot of natural definitly swayed towards making snow on westway --------