• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Da Loaf 2/8

MVinME

Dust on crust but its nukin' out!!! Sat/Sun will rule it!!!

snowstar1313

hey nick trying desperately to post all the necessary posts etc so that i can join some old Tahoe friends tonight at the grand summit and be put on the entry roster for tonight. Am i too late? If so how can i make sure i am not too late for tomorrow night? -Leah

Cornhead

Skiing was good at the Loaf today, it got better as the day wore on, picked up about 4" throughout the day. The only issue was the variable base beneath the fresh snow, icy in spots, super grabby man made in others, all in all, a great day. I skied with BackLoafRiver and his friend Nate. BLR and I skied bell to bell with no breaks, tons-o-runs. Look forward to skiing with all you AZer's over the weekend!

Hopefully the upper mountain will open after the blizzard, but winds may be an issue. The snow is super fluffy, Maine Champagne, may get blown right off the trails up top.