• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pass math how did everyone do?

zyk

It's not over but as we slowly approach the end, how did you do? Would you buy your pass again?
I've logged 46 days on a $700 pass. At least 2 more, possibly 6 to 8. I'm happy. Probably spent a bit more than I should of on lodging and at the bar but it's all good.
Thoughts?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes. This year I kept a better tally on my ROI. I will have to update later when I have time. It is eye opening what the actual cost would have been had I paid by the day.

Smellytele

Got mine down to $16 a day on the Indy. I did have other days at non Indy areas and that was at $64 a day (snowbird, Brighton, loveland (2), cannon(5), beaver creek, sugarbush (2) and Stowe). So like 34 a day total.

jimmywilson69

My Epic Local Pass price per day was $17.81
My Killington cost Via K tickets was $90.83 (one of mine was free since I purchased more than 7 for my family to use this year)

ctdubl07

I don't really get into tracking stats but can say I visited my home at MSnow most weekends and took trips to PCMR, Breck and Andermatt....I'd say the cost was covered.
How anyone can complain about paying $1K is mind boggling...

abc

I’ve always managed to keep my pass cost under $50/day. Last season was pretty marginal (due to a minor injury mid-season), but still under $50. This season is definitely under. (I’m not done yet).

But, I’m almost never able to find lodging under $50 a night. So, the more I ski, the worse off my average is in total ski expenditure. :(

TyWebb

Indy Base pass - after this weekend I'll be at $19.93 per

If I get out next weekend I'll be at $17.44 per

Best activity/entertainment deal around

AdironRider

I have 67 days so far.

12 days on my Indy plus, which cost me $389 with the 10 dollar fee for the pass itself. $32.42 per day. I might get one more day on this at Cannon this weekend.

I bought a 4 pack for Jay peak at 279. $70 per day.

I also just purchased a full Jay pass for next year for $799. I get free skiing for the remainder of this year and have 3 days on that already. I expect to get probably 5-7 more days on top of that. I then naturally get to use that pass all next year also.

I get a Dartmouth Skiway pass for free through my job, which makes up the remainder of my ski days.

So lets just say the Jay pass is for next year and not applicable to this years costs. Thats 67 days of skiing to date for a grand total of 668 bucks, or 9.97 per day. I'm hopeful to get 75 days in this year, so that should only decrease on a per day basis.

Next year I signed up for the full Jay pass at 799, another Indy+ at 389, and the Dartmouth skiway pass I get for free. If I play my cards right I have a shot at 90 days. Thats a bit more expensive per day but a longer season by at least a month, so I'll take that. Most of the people that I ski with, if the budget at all, are happy with 10 bucks per run, so I think that is pretty good ROI.

kingslug

Not done yet...day 82
Did not get my moneys worth at bolton
But certainly on epic and ikon.
Maybe do some more spring skiing at bolton.

letitsnow1

16 days at magic and 32 at k/pico. Got my moneys worth at both and not done yet. Probably get the same passes for next year. Was thinking about Indy but I waited and missed the boat

crippity

Im at 20 now full ikon full indy but numbers are just numbers. out of my 20 i would classify 16 to be very good days. I chase sun and snow, lucky to have that flexibility. Will end at 25 plus maybe 30. Lets keep it going

2Planker

Epic NE Value Pass. Think it was about $569..??
38 days - works out to just under $15/day.

ColdRain&Snow

I’m doing an Ikon base Vermont spring farewell tour next week (last 2 kill, sb, stratton), will put me at 26 this season. Will re-up.

BenedictGomez

I’m almost never able to find lodging under $50 a night. So, the more I ski, the worse off my average is in total ski expenditure. :(

I took care of this by marrying a Vermonter, one of the few viable SOTC tactics still remaining.

BenedictGomez

As of today my EPIC pass price is $27.16 per day, and while my wife doesn't count days, she's probably at about $55 per day.
These sums will continue to drop as the ski season still has about month left.

The way Vail Resorts really got me is with the $1,518 I spent on kiddie ski lessons.
Though I'm proud to say both my Vail food & bevy, and parking expenditures are each currently sitting at $0.00.