• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gunstock 3-16-2013

Bostonian

Date(s) Skied: 3-16-2013

Resort or Ski Area:
Gunstock, NH

Conditions:
Packed Powder, 2 inches of freshies...

Trip Report:
What a great day at the Mighty G... I arrived at the hill at 8am sharp to be greeted with the first chair again this morning. The rope dropped at 8:30 sharp, and away we went. My first run was down Trigger, which had 2 inches of dry fluffy powder on top of the corduroy they laid down the night before. It was truly a wonderful treat especially having always gotten sloppy seconds this winter. It certainly was the run of the day for me. Hit all the trails open today, ended up putting in for about 25 runs (only 12 logged on alpine replay due to my phone crapping out). The lift was ski on all day, a far cry from the crowds last week. They were racing on Tiger, which was cool to watch. All in all a great day on the G...

Last edited:

Bostonian

Deadhead, they held up pretty well. There is still excellent coverage and all the snowmaking trails are still wide open. With the snowstorm coming this tuesday, they should be in great shape!

hammer

Thanks for the report...Gunstock is on my short list for next weekend. Hope the crowd factor will be low by now...