• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fun at Work !

JDMRoma

Not every day is Fun but yesterday I had the pleasure of working on Killingtons trail map for this upcoming season....was happy to be admiring the Beast !! I work at a Large Commercial Printing shop, working in Prepress I was Grooming the Indesign Document setting it up for printing ( making sure everything lines up in the folds correctly)......most fun I had all week :)

Never realized it was so freaking big...I will definately be making a trip to K this year....

Havent been there since the early 80's...looks slightly different !!

Anyway, I have no one else who would appreciate this........everyone I work with was bustin my balls for making it a screen saver type job....guess I lost track of time !

John

skiNEwhere

You wouldn't be allowed to sell unfolded trail maps would you?

That's pretty cool, definitely must make the jonesing much worse though!

JDMRoma

No I can't sell them thats for sure but I wouldnt mind being around when they come off the press :)

Yes Ive been day dreaming ever since, I do have one proof copy with me at home.....studying it !!

steamboat1

Havent been there since the early 80's...looks slightly different !!
John

Yes it was larger in the 80's. Top of Ramshead, Northeast Passage, 3 stage gondola. South Ridge chair, Devils Fiddle chair, longer Needles Eye chair.

Never realized how much it shrunk.

Cool that you enjoyed your work.

Smellytele

Yes it was larger in the 80's. Top of Ramshead, Northeast Passage, 3 stage gondola. South Ridge chair, Devils Fiddle chair, longer Needles Eye chair.

Never realized how much it shrunk.

Cool that you enjoyed your work.

It is amazing that they shrunk down. I am assuming it was to make it quality over quantity and to save money by closing sections/lift that people used less.

Cornhead

Very cool, hopefully I'll be admiring your work this year. I am an industrial screen printer. My shop does metal finishing, anodizing, chem film, powdercoat, wet spray, and screen printing. The coolest thing I've worked on was a component to a satellite. Pretty neat to have worked on something that's now in Space. We do a lot of military stuff for Lockheed, and their subcontractors. I worked on smart bomb parts yesterday, blood on my hands?

I hadn't been to Killington in years either. I have been skiing there late season the past two years. I'd like to ski them mid season when more terrain is open, preferably on a weekday.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AlpineZone mobile app

JDMRoma

The coolest thing I've worked on was a component to a satellite. Pretty neat to have worked on something that's now in Space. We do a lot of military stuff for Lockheed, and their subcontractors. I worked on smart bomb parts yesterday, blood on my hands?

I hadn't been to Killington in years either. I have been skiing there late season the past two years. I'd like to ski them mid season when more terrain is open, preferably on a weekday.

Sounds like a cool job too ! Yes I was thinking about hitting K midweek as well....hopefully after the new year once I get my Vacation time back. Looks like it would be a 2 day trip to make the most of it !

Cornhead

Sounds like a cool job too ! Yes I was thinking about hitting K midweek as well....hopefully after the new year once I get my Vacation time back. Looks like it would be a 2 day trip to make the most of it !

Meh, I've had cooler screening jobs. I screened for McIntosh Labs, it doesn't get any fussier than that. We do parts now for Benchmark, they're fussy too, and Crest Audio. I do artwork now, something I hadn't done in previous jobs. I tell people I'm a graphic artist, true, and sounds a lot better than hole labeler. :wink:

Did you get in on K's $38 midweek deal? It expired the 17th. K for $38 is one sweet deal. I have my full four weeks of vacation to use, but may not have the $ for too much more traveling than I've planned already. I may have to burn some vacation days skiing with the retirees at Greek Peak. Hopefully I'll need some for powder days. I've yet to ski Platty on a Powderdaize, looking forward to my first.

ScottySkis

for ski Platty on a Powderdaize, looking forward to my first.
Me to haven't had one in few years now and I'm joeising bad for one, hopefully you get one to this winter, not that they get snow plaaty snow doesn't happen and maybe you see ny Gf their Mary Jane I miss her almost as much as I miss skiing platty.

steamboat1

Purchased a mid week season K pass back in April. I'll need at least a dozen days to beat the $38 K pass deal. I should beat that by a lot but that's still a solid deal.

edit: was