• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Chill Factore, UK Indoor ski and skydiving

jack97

Kind of silly looking at indoor places with winter coming around the corner but I thought this was such a cool idea. Having year round indoor place for skiing and skydiving.

Went to SkyVentures up at Nashua NH, they were booked solid in the weekends, sky diving clubs around NE use their place to practice. They're still in the middle of constructing the indoor surfing pool.... just wished they place a bump run instead :(

Last edited:

Domeskier

The Xanadu developers need to be forced to watch that first video on a daily basis to show them how a ski dome should be run. Who is that Aussie spammer mogul skier? He needs to get on this pronto. Or at some point in the next 20 years before it opens, I guess....

jack97

Who is that Aussie spammer mogul skier? He needs to get on this pronto. Or at some point in the next 20 years before it opens, I guess....

That's Dale Begg Smith.... he's either living in a country where taxes are more friendly to the wealthy or he is doing advance development for virus/spam checkers like Norton or McAFee.

Domeskier

That's Dale Begg Smith.... he's either living in a country where taxes are more friendly to the wealthy or he is doing advance development for virus/spam checkers like Norton or McAFee.

Thanks. Sadly, I suspect he would have no interest in spearheading a spampaign to bring bump skiing to Xanadu.

mlctvt

I did the indoor sky diving in Las Vegas a few years ago. If you try it just don't go outside the column of air otherwise you'll crash to the bottom . I happens so quickly. My friend fell from the top so it was about a 15 to 20 foot fall. The bottom is padded but not enough for a 15 to 20 foot fall. I never got up that high so when I crashed it didnt hurt. It was a blast though. It's extremely difficult to stay in the air column.

Domeskier

I did the indoor sky diving in Las Vegas a few years ago. If you try it just don't go outside the column of air otherwise you'll crash to the bottom . I happens so quickly. My friend fell from the top so it was about a 15 to 20 foot fall. The bottom is padded but not enough for a 15 to 20 foot fall. I never got up that high so when I crashed it didnt hurt. It was a blast though. It's extremely difficult to stay in the air column.

Sounds like a design flaw. Is there a reason that the column of air cannot be as wide as the chamber you fly around in?