• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Looking for glades 1-3

planb420

A Winsted CT resident here (NW corner of CT), and I am possibly looking to hit up a resort that has good glades (Legit ones wont have to poach) that would be good to hit up this coming friday. I am looking for something in the MA area and maybe lower VT to minimize driving on the sketchy roads, only other stipulation is having it be affordable as possible for what they offer....ANY IDEAS? Thanks in advance ;-)

Snowlover

Berkshire East maybe.....? Never been b4

Berkshire east is great. Very steep mountain!(a lot steeper than gunbarrel) Too steep for my skill level on that trail upper competition. Lower is ok for me. I've heard they have good glades, but I didn't ride them myself. Look at the trail map. They have a glade trail right on there!(east glades) Their relatively low elevation though(compared to vt obviously) so make sure the area's gotten a lot of snow. Base elevation is about the same as sundown but more snow obviously because much farther north.

planb420

I think Berkshire East could be it.....anyone been there lately or at least frequent it enough to give me an idea if this upcoming snowstorm will make their gladed areas rideable?
Also anyone wanna join me...perhaps a regular that knows the good stuff?

Bene288

I think Berkshire East could be it.....anyone been there lately or at least frequent it enough to give me an idea if this upcoming snowstorm will make their gladed areas rideable?
Also anyone wanna join me...perhaps a regular that knows the good stuff?

Tuna is a frequent Berkshire East guy I think.