• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new bike, ready to hit the trails...!!

bvibert

Staff member
Kelly McGarry is a dude. His brakes over heated and failed half way down the stairs.

Highway Star

Nope, that's not a problem if you take them off.

I'm not taking them off. I'm moving the front disc brake so I have two in the rear. Do you know anything about that? I'm getting ready to drill holes in the frame and the hub to fit the disc and brake. I also need a longer cable to reach around to it.

WoodCore

You'll get better stopping power if you put both brakes on the front.

Highway Star

So, I finally got by dual rear brake setup up and running and it works awesome! Had to drill holes in the hub and rig up an adapter. Many trips to the hardware store. Anyway, I was thinking again about getting some mag wheels, but they would have work with both a "disc" brake and a "vee" brake. I'd like to get my bike to look like this one if at all possible:

26-x18-inch-aluminium-hummer-folding-mountain-bicycle-21-speed-MTB-bike-disc-brakes-mag-magnesium.jpg

C-Rex

If you want more stopping power, just get an adapter and put a bigger disk in the front. Adding to the rear won't do anything for you. You'll just skid a lot. You won't go over the bars if you keep behind the saddle when you descend.

Highway Star

If you want more stopping power, just get an adapter and put a bigger disk in the front. Adding to the rear won't do anything for you. You'll just skid a lot. You won't go over the bars if you keep behind the saddle when you descend.

When I grab both brakes now, the rear brake locks up in an instant and I stop very safely and quickly. Of course, I don't go with huge skidmarks all over the place. Its pretty unlikely you could stop as quickly with a front brake, you'd go over the bars.

Domeskier

That Hummer is a sweet ride! I just decked out my Surrey with some custom mag wheels. Tapped me out for now, but when I save up some more money, I'm going to add knobby tires and a few more gears to hit up some trails.

surrey.jpg

Highway Star

Hey you guys must play radball right? You think I can get into it with my NEXT? Anything involving bikes and being rad, I can get into.

[video=youtube;VRgFG90fmHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=309&v=VRgFG90fmHI[/video]

Last edited:

Domeskier

No hand breaks and bikes that go in reverse when you pedal backwards? You would mop the floor with those guys on your NEXT!

Highway Star

Wow, over 30,000 views! Thanks to everyone who made this thread possible and helped me get into biking!

Highway Star