• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Results of Vermont high efficiency snow gun program

drjeff

Dont put low engergy guns on Outer Limits. That's a good place to start.

I have felt, especially since seeing 1st hand for a number of years now how well long throw fan guns work on wide trails at Mount Snow that OL would be a GREAT candidate for a line of automated fan guns :fangun:

I'd still keep the tower air/water guns on Superstar as it's much easier to get taller tower like is needed for the mega snowmaking assault that Superstar takes, where a 30ft tower or so becomes a necessary item than the more typical 10 to 12 foot towers that most fixed mount fan guns are located on

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I have felt, especially since seeing 1st hand for a number of years now how well long throw fan guns work on wide trails at Mount Snow that OL would be a GREAT candidate for a line of automated fan guns :fangun:

I'd still keep the tower air/water guns on Superstar as it's much easier to get taller tower like is needed for the mega snowmaking assault that Superstar takes, where a 30ft tower or so becomes a necessary item than the more typical 10 to 12 foot towers that most fixed mount fan guns are located on

I'm referring to the low-e guns that K put on OL a few years ago. Not anything Mount snow has. They couldn't throw halfway across the trail. I'm all for low energy guns as long as they have the throw.

drjeff

I'm referring to the low-e guns that K put on OL a few years ago. Not anything Mount snow has. They couldn't throw halfway across the trail. I'm all for low energy guns as long as they have the throw.

Yup - that was 2 seasons ago if memory serves me correctly and were HKD's I believe - made decent piles, but only about 30 ft or so from the gun - not such a good thing on OL!! ;-)

Newpylong

There is a significant learning curve to producing snow with the Low E guns over older air/water guns. The tried and true methods of changing the air/water ratio at the hydrant by the snow makers (a few turns here and there) are now different. A lot of that is done right on the gun. Same method just done differently.

That and they do throw snow a lot differently. I think there were mistakes made all around learning these new products but for the most part the areas have figured them out.