• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow Pod for Cheaper Machine-made Snow

eatskisleep

The content of this thread was discussed a bit on page 500 of https://forums.alpinezone.com/threads/vail-sucks.143038/page-500
ReNew Snow was dissolved in December 2023. Water flows were analyzed and the empirical findings were that the actual flows exceeded the predicted flow. The company used some of its funds to build a prototype. The prototype worked exactly as planned using an HKD snowgun. Anyone who has done product development knows that a prototype doesn't just become a product.

The development funds, approximately $400K were used for getting the patent, doing the water flow studies and building the prototype. Additional funding for the transition of the prototype to a product proved elusive.

Any more questions, ask away. If I know the answers, I will share them.
Thank you what was your involvement with the project

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Thank you what was your involvement with the project
I was a minor investor, but in general, I served as a consultant based to some extent on my contacts in the industry and my general knowledge of flowing water on many mountains. Also, because of my participation in a variety of forums, I was keeping an eye on what people were saying to help determine PR issues that needed attention.