• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Spring Moguls in the Pocono's

4aprice

Found some really good ones today 8)

IMG_08702.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0856_3_.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

Cliffhanger bumped 90% top to bottom. Even trying seasons have good days and today was awesome at Camelback.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

snoseek

So overall were things not so bad down there this year? Those pics looked like an awfully nice day out.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

4aprice

So overall were things not so bad down there this year? Those pics looked like an awfully nice day out.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Camelback did a great job this season. Yes it is a mountain made with snowmaking in mind but they have a very powerful system and they really used it well this year, dusting up trails regularly and stockpiling snow on the east side where they hope to stay open till around April 10th. Got tickets for up north that I haven't used yet because the reports we keep getting back are that CBK has been skiing better.

Nice, looks to be in better shape base wise than Blue. Has the Hotel affected the weekend crowds?

Not the way I thought it would. Was really scared going into the season but maybe because of the weak snow year or maybe because there are so many other thins to do it really hasn't effected lines. It effected the mountains thinking in that they will shut down the west side at Easter and keep the east side running longer into April and where they blew and stockpiled snow.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

wow, beats almost everything north of that

This season has been so disastrously poor, that there have been multiple stretches of this "winter" where the Poconos had the best conditions in the east. That should never happen.

mesa4234

First post on here to say that I was super impressed with the amount of snow on cliffhanger and at Camelback in general. By mid day Saturday soft bumps were forming all over cliffhanger which made it a ton of fun and kept a lot of people off it. They would get to the top of the trail, look down and then ski away. I definitely think they can make at least the next two weekends, and possibly more if they close during the week.