• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What’s going on at Greek Peak?

Cornhead

It's not 1,000 ft vert, 970 I think is what they claim, but I'm dubious even that is accurate. It's a pretty good hill when 100% open. Jim G was lucky to have his first time such. When the woods are in play, its a pretty good little mountain. When chair 5 is open, season pass holders can park there and avoid the base completely, though it spins an hour or so later, so first tracks on the rest of the hill aren't possible if you park there. I don't think they get nearly as much lake snow as they used to. Further north is a better option for that.

I live exactly between Greek and Elk, it'd be nice to alternate season passes, but Elk's pass price is nuts. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Greek. Elk has better grooming and bumps, but zero trees. More variety at Greek, similar vert and trail count.

KustyTheKlown

cool thanks for the intel. ithaca is a fun little town too (tho covid prob saps that energy). maybe I'll check it out if western ny has snow and upstate/new england doesnt

JimG.

Staff member
It's not 1,000 ft vert, 970 I think is what they claim, but I'm dubious even that is accurate. It's a pretty good hill when 100% open. Jim G was lucky to have his first time such. When the woods are in play, its a pretty good little mountain. When chair 5 is open, season pass holders can park there and avoid the base completely, though it spins an hour or so later, so first tracks on the rest of the hill aren't possible if you park there. I don't think they get nearly as much lake snow as they used to. Further north is a better option for that.

I live exactly between Greek and Elk, it'd be nice to alternate season passes, but Elk's pass price is nuts. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Greek. Elk has better grooming and bumps, but zero trees. More variety at Greek, similar vert and trail count.
Yup.

I'm a conditions guy...if the snow is good I rarely have complaints. Greek was 100% open and I had a blast.

Killingtime

Was supposed to go this past weekend but pulled the plug since they only had 12 trails open. I'll revisit February or March. Sounds like they are having a rough start like everyone else with all the rain and warm weather.

Cornhead

Yeah, I missed the one powder day this year, 16" at Greek, 41" in my driveway. I had it blown in time for first chair, plow took a couple days to hit my street. We could really use another dump, lapping the same four trails gets old fast. But I must say those four trails have been maintained well, usually firm and fast.