• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats Peak 3/12 - worth it with rain/snow storm or not?

SkierCC

We have tickets for Pat's Peak this weekend, however with the incoming storm (possible decent rain with change over to snow), what are thoughts on Pat's Peak? I'm about 3 hours out and was planning to arrive around noon Sat and ski until the kids get tired, then again on Sunday. How will the mountain be if it rains a bit then switches to snow? We typically ski about 5 weekends a year and have only had the luck of decent weather in the past so never encountered a situation like this and would like to advise from those who have. Obviously this is very last minute but I still have time to change things if needed. Thank you!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
In my personal experiences rain-snow events are ok. The base snow is wet and granular and playful. Then the temperature drops just below freezing to turn to snow but the base does not freeze/harden up. So think spring snow granular with dust on top. It's much more fun than a deep-freeze skating rink with 3" of snow on it.

Newpylong

I personally wouldn't drive 3 hours to Pat's even in ideal conditions. That despite the place being awesome... they aren't due to get much snow this time around.

slatham

11 am and snowing. Not sure when it changed. I'm taking the over on the 1-3" noted above.....

slatham

I was wrong, you were right turned to snow around 11. Very wet to start but lightening up now. Wind also picked up. Just started to actually coat the ground.

Hope I'm right about the over on 1-3". Worried that will not verify......