• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Electrical Rates Skyrocket

BodeMiller1

What's going to happen is HQ is going to run the line in Vermont or Maine.

Oneside: "We need jobs build towers."
Twoside: "Save the toads and snapping turtles."

What a mess. Now my Cannon day ticket is above $25.

Meow

TyWebb

HowieT2

This prompted me to look at my most recent bill from Coned in NY. Supply charge was 11.2558¢/kWh.
I guess we dont have woke people here in NYS.

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

I looks like the big hikes are coming here in november. Completely Self inflicted. FJB!

1dog

I've noticed people around here are terrible at judging sarcasm...I guarantee you there will be people that think you are being serious.
It is the actual truth. Administration didn't shut down fracking on day one? We were (for the 1st time in 75 years) energy independent. And no one, anywhere, is going to do it cleaner, with benefits to anyone who uses organic, earth-made energy. That would be everybody.

1dog

'cause the Washington(Com)Post and the NYT are paragons of objectivity . . best not to disparage the reporting as it smells of #5.

but I digress - did they shut it down or not?

Man, do we need snow.

jaytrem

It is the actual truth. Administration didn't shut down fracking on day one? We were (for the 1st time in 75 years) energy independent. And no one, anywhere, is going to do it cleaner, with benefits to anyone who uses organic, earth-made energy. That would be everybody.
The author clearly has no clue about the complexity of the rules in a modern pinball machine. Loses all credibility right there.

Smellytele

1dog

x10003q

Here's what Germany is doing - talk about walking it back ( it is all about energy density when all is said and done)

And this from Goldman Sachs commodities research: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/10/3-8-trillion-for.php
The article you site is about German fossil fuel usage is wrong.

Renewable electricity generation fed into the German grid is around 48% and German renewable production is around 41% so the 82% fossil fuel number is wrong. Coal is 31% and natural gas is 12%. That does not add up to 82%. Also, the article conveniently leaves out what happened to German nuclear electric production.

The Germans completely panicked after the Japanese nuke plant in Fukashima was hit by a tsunami in 2011. The Germans closed most of the nukes way before they planned and had to buy electricty from Polish (and other) coal generators to make up the difference. Eventually, the Germans fired up their own coal plants. Before the Fukashima disaster, Germany had a plan to phase off their own nuclear generation by 2036 and simultaneously switch to 'green' generation. If they stuck to their own plan, maybe they would have succeeded in reducing the German fossil fuel usage even more.

1dog

The article you site is about German fossil fuel usage is wrong.

Renewable electricity generation fed into the German grid is around 48% and German renewable production is around 41% so the 82% fossil fuel number is wrong. Coal is 31% and natural gas is 12%. That does not add up to 82%. Also, the article conveniently leaves out what happened to German nuclear electric production.

The Germans completely panicked after the Japanese nuke plant in Fukashima was hit by a tsunami in 2011. The Germans closed most of the nukes way before they planned and had to buy electricty from Polish (and other) coal generators to make up the difference. Eventually, the Germans fired up their own coal plants. Before the Fukashima disaster, Germany had a plan to phase off their own nuclear generation by 2036 and simultaneously switch to 'green' generation. If they stuck to their own plan, maybe they would have succeeded in reducing the German fossil fuel usage even more.
82% is world-wide, not specific to Germany's sources in particular. At least that's the Goldman research conclusion.

MidnightJester

This is why... Joe Biden is the main guy currently behind our rising electric costs. Handlers and Puppet strings or not he is the USA bus driver. He's a believer I think in the Green new deal and downfall of the USA

FgziOWAXkAAoln9

FgziOWDXEAEiNLT

"It is time he learn a lesson that his words matter and have consequences" -Joe Manchin-

That means please vote against him(Joe Biden's candidates) from a Democrat(rare breed) that is actually trying too and helping to build up and save America.

Last edited: