• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tesla Debuts World’s First Electric Powered Skis

MidnightJester

The Electric boost went from Snowboards to Skis now.
Everyone thought the Cyber Truck was the biggest announcement Telsa would make for the foreseeable future but they had an ace in their sleeve that will surely disrupt the outdoor industry. Tesla has been working behind the scene with J Skis for two years on a world’s first electric ski and they picked today to debut it. Here is the press release from J Skis who collaborated with Tesla on the project.

They work better then the Electric Snowboard at the moment. Interesting slim design
maxresdefault.jpg

BenedictGomez

Any real Tesla product announced today and promised for next year wouldn't be available for a decade.

MidnightJester

Any real Tesla product announced today and promised for next year wouldn't be available for a decade
Possibly Sooner or Longer : ) I tried to look up more info and cant find any. I am thinking it is a April fools prank. Good one too because they filmed a video like it was working

TyWebb

My buddy sent this to me this evening -

Could be a quandary and expect a lot of “no uphill access” signs if this takes off

abc

MidnightJester

I wouldn't trust them but have seen enough that it does Self drive and Auto pilot.
That is Legal talk from them to protect Tesla and put a human in the Loop they can blame besides themselves. It is not perfect it can take you from A to B without you doing much. Especially if you fool the steering wheel into believing you are holding or touching it.

LuckyStrike

J Skis has some incredible collaborations. The Masta Killa and Dinosaur Jr skis have me lusting over planks for the first time since the Mickey Mouse K2s of my childhood.