• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Keelhauled

I still do not have power in central VT, their estimate is tomorrow afternoon for restoration. Lot of down trees and branches, I had to cut one up that was blocking a state highway this morning. The only saving grace is it was warm enough today that most of the snow came off, so hopefully it won't get any worse even if/when more snow comes through tonight. Can't fault GMP for their response, I passed three groups of out of state utility trucks when I was out this evening.

cdskier

I still do not have power in central VT, their estimate is tomorrow afternoon for restoration. Lot of down trees and branches, I had to cut one up that was blocking a state highway this morning. The only saving grace is it was warm enough today that most of the snow came off, so hopefully it won't get any worse even if/when more snow comes through tonight. Can't fault GMP for their response, I passed three groups of out of state utility trucks when I was out this evening.

Saw a couple trees on 100 South heading home before hitting the Granville gulf that were still leaning on wires over the road. Numerous trees along the road that had already been cut up as well that were likely across the road at some point. Also saw a bunch of non-GMP utility crews further south on 100. Definitely can't fault GMP.

ingsy

Anyone make it out there today? Despite the wind holds and lift issues, it looks like an amazing day.

Lotso

Yep, lots of powder. Feels like an actual winter storm for once.

What's with the snow reporter and "my dudes"...every day? Must be getting punchy this late in the season.

cdskier

Yep, lots of powder. Feels like an actual winter storm for once.

What's with the snow reporter and "my dudes"...every day? Must be getting punchy this late in the season.

LOL. "My dudes", "Slidey-b", "Linky P"... I appreciate the excitement I suppose, but it just comes across as unprofessional to me.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
... And here I thought my yearly trip was going to be nothing but some slushy snowmaking trails. Last year I got lucky with about 20-30" in the past week. Looks like my luck is continuing, as I head up tomorrow to ride Wed and Thu.

Boxtop Willie

Still snowing in Fayston, a good 14" in my yard. More at elevation apparently. Snow much lighter than Sunday's. Not as windy as earlier. If I could just get off this damn Zoom call I'm going out. Love it when a storm over delivers.

skiur

LOL. "My dudes", "Slidey-b", "Linky P"... I appreciate the excitement I suppose, but it just comes across as unprofessional to me.

Better than the "howdy beast fans" that Killington has been starting their snow report with. Really has been pissing off some on kzone.

cdskier

From the afternoon snow report... "Note that Valley House will be running in place of Super Bravo tomorrow...she just did SO good today that we had to give her some more time in the spotlight"

I guess that's one way to put a positive spin on a lift being down.

Looks like they're reopening CR tomorrow as well! Wish I was up there enjoying this fresh snow...

Boxtop Willie

Got to Mt Ellen from 3-4. Storm skiing at it's best. Still snowing and windy. Did I mention wind? Can't remember the last time I skied in winds with quite such an attitude. A ton of light fluffy snow on top of Sunday's denser dumping. Wish I had more than an hour.

djd66

From the afternoon snow report... "Note that Valley House will be running in place of Super Bravo tomorrow...she just did SO good today that we had to give her some more time in the spotlight"

I guess that's one way to put a positive spin on a lift being down.

Looks like they're reopening CR tomorrow as well! Wish I was up there enjoying this fresh snow...
so today was mechanical related, not wind?

cdskier

so today was mechanical related, not wind?

It was open for a bit this morning when I looked at the webcam early on and then I saw listed in the report as mechanical hold a bit after that. I don't think it ever reopened after that.

pinnoke

and from this afternoon's report, projecting tomorrow's conditions and plan:
"It’ll be a bit windy but decreasing throughout the day, so fingers crossed lift operations should be smooth as ever😊"
(BTW, I heard that CR actually opened TODAY, and that it was awesome!)

TSQURD

Today was really good - wind wasnt too bad at LP once they got HG open. It did seem to pick back up considerably right around 4. one of my best days in a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_6715.jpeg
    IMG_6715.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19

cdskier

and from this afternoon's report, projecting tomorrow's conditions and plan:
"It’ll be a bit windy but decreasing throughout the day, so fingers crossed lift operations should be smooth as ever😊"
(BTW, I heard that CR actually opened TODAY, and that it was awesome!)

Maybe for hiking today? The lift didn't open to the public today at least from looking at the webcam.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
From this afternoon's snow report:
Big news for tomorrow on the lift operations front... tomorrow, we welcome back... CASTLEROCK!!! Castlerock, along with our other upper mountain lifts, spin till 3:45. All other scheduled lifts spin from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Note that Valley House will be running in place of Super Bravo tomorrow...she just did SO good today that we had to give her some more time in the spotlight😉

So, looks like the Rock opens with the lift tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about the mention of Valley House running instead of Bravo... when it comes to a major lift not operating, people want to know a little more info instead of something like what they put in the report. Granted, you can still get everywhere via RT/HGT. And will give me a good reason to go that way Wednesday, if Bravo is still down.

WinS

Just opened HG
Thigh deep powder on skiers right. Then a real treat going to the base. Freshies on Upper Domino since Bravo was down. Yesterday and today in my opinion were the best two of the year. Nice to be retired.

Last edited: