• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Summer 2024 improvements

Newpylong

I think it will be OK. Out of all the Low E, the Impulse guns have the best throw if that is your concern. There are several things they can do to keep that the case like replacing the stock Venturi valves to always maintain full air flow vs stepping down as you increase water flow. At full flow they will still only use a 1/3 of the air as an SR7. They also can pick and choose when they make snow on the Pig unlike other core terrain, so wait for more ideal conditions (less wind). When they run that trail that also limits what else they can at the same time, all of those SR7s consume a ton of air.

Would Kansas also benefit like LP or is it best to keep ground guns there (if they ever make snow there again)?

machski

I think it will be OK. Out of all the Low E, the Impulse guns have the best throw if that is your concern. There are several things they can do to keep that the case like replacing the stock Venturi valves to always maintain full air flow vs stepping down as you increase water flow. At full flow they will still only use a 1/3 of the air as an SR7. They also can pick and choose when they make snow on the Pig unlike other core terrain, so wait for more ideal conditions (less wind). When they run that trail that also limits what else they can at the same time, all of those SR7s consume a ton of air.

Would Kansas also benefit like LP or is it best to keep ground guns there (if they ever make snow there again)?
Kansas or are you talking Eureka? Eureka needs something, I would think tower guns make sense if they don't intend to make snow across the entire width. That trail is way too wide even for SPC fans to cover full width and wider than WH, though less steep.. That's the main difference between the two runs , WH's main pitch. They better have experienced Winch Cat Operators if they intend to push Impulse piles across the trail. But at this point, the Heat is always groomed so probably not a big deal. Shockwave on the other hand if that ever gets swapped out...