• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killllington πŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸŽΏπŸ‚πŸ‚πŸŽΏπŸ˜€

ColdRain&Snow

K1 is usually open as long as there's snow. And there website is still pushing spiring passes lol. I was going to buy k and magic passes next year but now im not so sure $1250 is a lot. Maybe ikon and magic and k spring pass instead.

I was toying with getting the epic northeast weekday pass, in addition to renewing ikon base, but that k spring will probably work better for me next season. Hopefully they offer that discounted $199 ikon add on again. That would be a little over a $1000 and I think I can hit 40 days next year.

NYDB

From the snow report
The North Ridge Quad, Ramshead Express, Snowdon Six and K-1 Gondola are scheduled to run through April 21st, when they will carry their last skiers and riders of the 2023/24 winter season. Be sure to check out our lift and trails report for the full lineup of open and groomed terrain, and lift details. Enjoy it while you still can!

So lame considering the amount of snow left at least they could keep k1 open another week.
Super lame. Spring break for kids schools next week. I know K would have received a lot more business next week than usual.

maybe not enough to matter for them. I for 1 was hoping for more than the superstar pod.

how do they feel about people hiking up launch pad for turns?

jimmywilson69

remember the early season "poaching" Gestapo that fueled incredible rumors of "electronic" surveillance in the woods and along trails...

drjeff

Could the poor season overall and low business levels be causing this? Cut your losses?
MIght be that or they have some pre Summer season planned maintenance in those areas/lifts that they need a set amount of time to do prior to Summer ops

skiur

They never cared about hiking up launch pad before, but things have changed a lot lately so who knows. As mentioned they had the gestapo out after poachers early season but it's totally different in the spring so hopefully they don't.

letitsnow1

Superstar, k1, Snowdon 6, ramshead, northridge probably canyon with most trails open off those lifts. There's a slim chance they open bear or needles for a bonus weekend

skiur

Superstar, k1, Snowdon 6, ramshead, northridge probably canyon with most trails open off those lifts. There's a slim chance they open bear or needles for a bonus weekend

Even if they don't reopen bear/needles (which I highly doubt happens) there is still plenty of snow on the snowshed crossover so things on that side will be halfway open.

Zand

As long as it actually gets warm enough to soften, Sunday should be a really good day for trail offerings. As of today all the nats on Snowdon except Vagabond and Conclusion (and obviously Flush) were still listed as open including glades, if that is any indication. Next few days look cool enough so they shouldn't lose much between now and then.

letitsnow1

It's going to be close to 50 Saturday and Sunday of course it will soften. It looks like perfect corn conditions, just below freezing at night and warm during the day. Unfortunately the sun's not expected to come out.

Zand

These temps aren't in "of course it will soften" territory if there's a full deck of clouds around. However the mostly sunny part of the forecast is a new development so hopefully that does the trick.Screenshot_20240419-074302.png

letitsnow1

Last Saturday was in the 30s with snow all day and everything was soft. And that shows a low of 34 tonight so it shouldn't have a chance to freeze

thebigo

Still some skiable woods today. Down draft probably best, fast cream cheese with plenty of coverage.

Attachments

• 20240419_123341.jpg
    20240419_123341.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 20240419_123336.jpg
    20240419_123336.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 20240419_123332.jpg
    20240419_123332.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15

Zand

Awesome! Looking forward to Sunday. If anyone wants to take a few runs hit me up!

letitsnow1

The canyon will be skiing great but no canyon lift tomorrow is disappointing, lapping the gondola sucks. There really pinching their pennies this year. I hope Mike Solimano is at the passholder lunch tomorrow he's going to get an earful. King of spring no more