• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 4-9

mediamogul

Date(s) Skied: 4/9/11

Resort or Ski Area: Killington

Conditions: Spring Conditions/Corn

Trip Report:

Into the KBL at around 8am. Hit some groomers while the good stuff softened up. Conditions at that point were Loose Granular. Needle's Eye was decent but you had to trek back to the Superstar Quad using the old Snowshed Crossover. They had a chunk of the Needle's Eye area open (Vertigo, Skyeburst, Needle's Liftline) but none of the lifts were spinning.

The day really got started around 11am when things really started to soften. We hit Vagabond a couple times. It was in awesome shape, soft bumps and tons of sun.

We hit up some trees after lunch. The Toilet Bowl was in good shape, as well as Anarchy. Escapade was amazing soft bumps. it was round 1pm at this time and downright warm out. Powerline and the Powerline skied well.

To end the day I took one of the best runs of my season. I will post the pics. See if you can figure it out. Those of you who know K will recognize it right away. Words cannot describe how good it was today.

Vagabond:
2011-04-09_10-53-51_516.jpg

Riding up the Canyon Quad:
View attachment 4512

Big Dipper:
View attachment 4513

Plead the fifth on these last two:
2011-04-09_14-26-32_288.jpg

2011-04-09_15-09-55_251.jpg

mediamogul

It was moderately crowded. I feel like it was more just because the terrain was so condensed that it seemed more crowded. Even the Snowdon Quad had a line today but no lines were ever more than 5 mins. Canyon Quad was ski on for much of the day.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Fair crowd, but trails weren't crowded:

Notice cars parked on road:

main.php

Snow on trails:

main.php

Crowds on deck:

main.php

Bear wasn't too crowded though:

main.php

main.php

main.php

powbmps

Not much snow left over there. I can see why they closed.

:p