• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Roxbury best Sat. today well epic comes to mind.

Cornhead

I'm working on two theories about Scotty:

1. He's from a foreign country.
2. He types with his nose.

If it's theory #2 than I'm impressed.
He really is on Benadryl, I've never seen anyone sneeze as many times as Scotty has tonight, "allergies". If it is from blow, he's been holding out on me. Anyway, the thought of him typing with his runny snoz is pretty gross. Substitute "planet", for "country", in #1, and you may be on to something, Ork perhaps? Na new, na new. :wink: Sorry kids, man I'm old.

ScottySkis

Neptune dinner breakfast is horrible today, do not go their. Sun out strong soon another day in Margetreville.!!!!:):):):):beer::beer:;););););):thumbup::thumbup:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
He really is on Benadryl, I've never seen anyone sneeze as many times as Scotty has tonight, "allergies". If it is from blow, he's been holding out on me. Anyway, the thought of him typing with his runny snoz is pretty gross. Substitute "planet", for "country", in #1, and you may be on to something, Ork perhaps? Na new, na new. :wink: Sorry kids, man I'm old.

Who didn't love Mork, Corn? Although, I saw a re-run a few months ago and found it to be awful. I guess 30-35 years will do that!! See you guys out there this am.

Cornhead

IMG_20130310_113837.jpg
What can I say, sunburned, and battered, two full days at Platty kicked my arss.

IMG_20130310_094033.jpg
AlpineZone has filled the void

IMG_20130310_082744.jpg
Scotty, with his favorite number.

Another weekend well spent in the Cats, Platty rocks! Blockbuster was off the hook this afternoon, corn snow at its finest. Nice making some turns with Marcski today, and abc yesterday. Two words for you Scotty...candle wax :thumbup:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Yes, it was fun skiing with you and meeting the infamous Scotty! You were able to harvest a ton of Catskills grade "A" corn today, Corn!
(Not really corn, but tons of super soft creamy snow).

Beautiful weekend...I had to drag my 6 yo off the hill at a few minutes after 4!

Last edited:

hippiechick

I'm working on two theories about Scotty:

1. He's from a foreign country.
2. He types with his nose.

If it's theory #2 than I'm impressed.

Haha! That's what one of my co-workers suggested when I read her a few Scotty gems the other day :)

And as soon as I get some bagels going, this hippie chick will show up at Platty with them for you! :D

ScottySkis

Lighters and bible and you know what ,proviNce fire, hevan, Jesus, hell.

Wow I have to quote my self to explain more on this. Not that mind doing that.
Bible is great for breaking up my favorite plant so if their is fire under the planet when I go after life ends and some religion is correct I guess I am not going because my religion that I don't believe in now says no place of fire after life. Setting a small fire to hotel bible can get me in trouble well staying waiting to find out about that.

ScottySkis

View attachment 8179
What can I say, sunburned, and battered, two full days at Platty kicked my arss.

View attachment 8180
AlpineZone has filled the void

View attachment 8181
Scotty, with his favorite number.

Another weekend well spent in the Cats, Platty rocks! Blockbuster was off the hook this afternoon, corn snow at its finest. Nice making some turns with Marcski today, and abc yesterday. Two words for you Scotty...candle wax :thumbup:

A Zone New meeting spot at Platty I vote for map who put that their? Lol.

ScottySkis

Courtesy desk lady at Super .8 is a birch!

I remember you, she said, I pay cash 2 times , and last time cash was all I needed. Now I needed credit card, debit card, photo of drives license, then she makes copies of both, so ya I was panoird especially after 7 day bad memory of Super8 Steamboat Co. Super6 is calling for different hotel. I kept picturing in my head scene from Fear And Loathing in the hotel, such great author, movie and boook, Vegas!!:thumbup:

ScottySkis

Haha! That's what one of my co-workers suggested when I read her a few Scotty gems the other day :)

And as soon as I get some bagels going, this hippie chick will show up at Platty with them for you! :D

I sure be happy to eat your bagels, hopefully at Platty when you come, St Pattys y day celebration next Saturday at Platty will be fun we should make A zoner day their next Saturday by the map on the hill with some cool stickers now.

Last edited:

dmc

Hopefully it stays that way, I'm worrying what these warm days are going to do to the base, not to mention the freeze that occurs late in the week. Might become a skating rink.

All it takes is some sun this time of year...
Freezes make for good corn..

dmc

I kept picturing in my head scene from Fear And Loathing in the hotel, such great author, movie and boook, Vegas!!

"We cant stop here... This is bat country"..... bats...

baykon

Made a last minute call to head up Saturday am. Had flown in late Friday night so didn't leave NYC until after 8, then lost about 1/2 hour on 87 with a backup near woodbury. Was starting to stress my decision at that point but so glad i made the trip. Skied from 1145 through last chair with one break.

An amazing day and every run felt like a highlight. Seemed like a decent crowd came out but still pretty much ski on all day.

Sorry I missed you azoners...didn't see some of the msgs til I was on the mtn and with no cell service and great conditions, coordinating on the fly didn't seem the best use of time.

Freefall
View attachment 8209

Upper face
View attachment 8210

Blockbuster
View attachment 8212

Gun show
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1363042646.562591.jpg

Yup
View attachment 8213