• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Hills - 3/24/2013

snowmonster

Date(s) Skied: 3/24/2013

Resort or Ski Area: Blue Hills, Canton, MA

Conditions: Bluebird sunny; Temps in the 40's; Corn snow.

Trip Report:

My home mountain is in Maine and I have travelled from eastern Canada to Western Canada to ski. But, I have never skied at my hometown ski area. The Blue Hills are 20 minutes away from my front door and I decided to finally scratch it off my list. It was a good day to do it. Yesterday was supposed to be their last day. But, this is the third Sunday in a row that they said that it's their closing day. I got in after lunch and picked up a ticket for $17. Guy at the counter said that, if the weather remains cool and we get no r@in, there's a good chance that Blue Hills will be open on Saturday the day before Easter.

Only the main Big Blue slope and Patriots' Path were open. The beginner area was open too but, with no ski school open, I was wondering how the novices were doing. Took as many runs as I could in bright sunshine and wonderful corn snow. After skiing at Sunday River the day before where we were basically in mid-winter conditions (snow, freezing wind, etc.), this was a relaxed change. Saw a guy skinning up the slope. Apparently, Blue Hills frowns upon skinning even after they close. This guy was a season passholder.

Enjoy the spring like photos of this winter that just won't quit. I'm still praying for snow!

Welcome!
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1364248500.702054.jpg

I can see my house from here!
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1364248523.816425.jpg

I hate the crowds!
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1364248544.246242.jpg

We put snow on one of the patrollers and look what happened.
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1364248562.580523.jpg

Skin it if you can!
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1364248576.382221.jpg

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

Love Blue Hills! I grew up in Milton so I used to go there all the time