• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waterville 3/29

mlkrgr

Had a great day at Waterville today. Redeemed my last voucher that I had to ski the day. Strangely enough, I overheard a ticket counter person trying to say how the person she was serving should wait to redeem his half price coupon because of the small savings it has (only would yield him about $10 in savings and would have more savings on a more expensive day) as the tickets are already $20 off if paying full price at the counter.

Got ready in time for the opening bell (and yes they ring a bell). A pretty good crowd showed today for it being midweek (albeit a few have the day off and it being late season). Butch the liftie was happy to tell everyone that they have decided to stay open for an extra week and did a good job clearing a large puddle in front of the chair towards the end of the day. White Peaks chairs were going up 75% full and Sunnyside chairs were going up 50% full for most of the day. Weather changed quite a bit; we got a little overcast conditions; a little sun; a little rain; and a little snow. At least the rain was light and was only for 15 minutes or so around lunchtime and was snow at points higher than the base of Sunnyside. Talking to everyone, it seems like many planned day trips or are heading back home after skiing tomorrow.

Snow conditions were like mashed potatoes for much of the day but the snow softened up nicely at Sunnyside. The day started out as packed powder w/ somewhat a wet consistency and turned to mashed potatoes throughout the day. It was definitely a good workout and a lot of fun skiing today. Some bumps naturally formed so it ended up getting better throughout the day.
waterville bell.jpgwhite peaks.jpg

skifree

It was a great day at Waterville. That snow showers in the afternoon looked like dots ice cream.

True grit was skiing fine!