• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Putney Mountain Backcountry/XC

Euler

Spent a few hours Saturday afternoon enjoying the snow in the hills around Putney,Vermont. Had ideal conditions going up the West Ridge Trail...second tracks so I didn't have to break trail yet it was still soft and nice. I took a couple of brief forays up and down some side hills trying out my skills in making turns on my Lite-terrains...I'll be sticking to low angle stuff with widely spaced trees with that gear for awhile:). Came down via the main trail which had been packed by a snowmobile and snowshoers...very different experience. Steeper sections required either a flat out braking wedge, or veering off the packed trail into the powder on the edges to control my speed. Sadly, today's rain will put an end to the backcountry skiing here until we get another good topcoating of snow.

100_9253.JPG 100_9255.jpg 100_9256.JPG 100_9254.jpg

Attachments

• 100_9257.jpg
    100_9257.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 31