• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Greek Peak - Sat. 1/18/14

Rambo

Ski Area: Greek Peak, Central New York State

Cornhead and I hit Greek on Sat. 1/18. About 5" of fresh snow. Skiing was great on the trails with the machine made base underneath. After about 2:00 pm the trails were getting scraped down to icy frozen splotches here and there. Unfortunately Cornhead went to skiers right at the top of Elysian Fields, a little off the machine made base and hit a rock... when we stopped for a break at 11:00 am, he looked for a gouge and saw that the rock had pulled part of his steel edge out and there was also a break in the edge - ouch. Not sure if his Mantras can be fixed or not. A red fox wandered out of the woods on to the Mars Hill slope about 1:00... I got a pic I will attach.

Professor Cornheads new Head boots loaded up with Mountain Dew
gp122813pzz 005.jpg

gp122813pzz 011.jpg

The Red Fox that wandered out onto Mars Hill trail:
gp122813pzz 014.jpg

emmaurice2

Nice report (sorry to hear about Corn's ski damage, though). I have the same boots, (Head Vector 110s?) Great for soda storage. And skiing, too.

Cornhead

Nice report (sorry to hear about Corn's ski damage, though). I have the same boots, (Head Vector 110s?) Great for soda storage. And skiing, too.

Yep, Head Vector 110's, though not the stiffest boot, felt so after skiing my Dalbello's with a couple hundred days on them! I'm leaning towards Volkl RTM 84's, they'd go well with the Vectors, and the Mountain Dew!:D Maybe play with patching the Mantras myself, and using them for powder/rock skis. As long as the repair holds, just keep that edge outside. I skied them today at Elk with Scotty, just kept that edge out. I'm embarrassed to even bring them to the shop, they did such a nice job on them, base repair, top sheet repair, tune. I had them all of one day before I smoked em, I am a fool.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

emmaurice2

Yep, Head Vector 110's, though not the stiffest boot, felt so after skiing my Dalbello's with a couple hundred days on them! I'm leaning towards Volkl RTM 84's, they'd go well with the Vectors, and the Mountain Dew!:D Maybe play with patching the Mantras myself, and using them for powder/rock skis. As long as the repair holds, just keep that edge outside. I skied them today at Elk with Scotty, just kept that edge out. I'm embarrassed to even bring them to the shop, they did such a nice job on them, base repair, top sheet repair, tune. I had them all of one day before I smoked em, I am a fool.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Had to look up the RTM's. They would look sweet with the Vectors and Dew, for sure. From the description and review they sound like a fun ski, too.