• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 1.20.14

gmcunni

Date(s) Skied: 1.20.14

Resort or Ski Area: Belleayre

Conditions: 20s, flurries, PP, MGFG

Trip Report: flurried all day but didn't accumulate much, maybe an inch at the top. Nice day @ Bell. no crowds, lifts were ski on all day. talked to guy at the lodge, he said Sat & Sun were crazy busy.

Mountain skied well. a little scrappy in places, especially the steep headwall which spans the entire hill. Didn't catch the trail count or conditions report but most everything we passed was open except for any glade trails.

got to hit Bell more often. just over 2 hours from home... closer than VT but bigger than CT stuff (@ 1 hour away). some bumps were seen but not skied as i was with my daughter who was just into cruising.

IMG_0529.jpg
u can see woods filling in, a bit more snow and glades should be good to go.

k123

Belleayre was better than I expected today. The groomers were nice first thing, and they must have blown some snow on Tongora and Seneca recently because there were some soft moguls on them.

legalskier

Belleayre has a trail named Belleayre? That's lame.

It's such a pretty name
That it isn't lame.

The place so nice
They named it twice.
;-)

Belleayre was better than I expected today.

I was there yesterday. Everything was sweet. They did a terrific job recovering from the rains, with a little help from Mother Nature.

7 lift.jpg
^ Yahoo roped off for race practice.